Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Crush Video and Early Release Date!

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
coffeycup
Genesis

Crush Video and Early Release Date!

Post by coffeycup »

[youtube]sP2rlFnqRrg[/youtube]

Man this vid is awesome. Shows a lot more than crush dynamics ( which are incredible) but also shows environment damage, driver ejecting through windshield and tires going flat and coming off the rim. Holy fuck. Holy fuck.
I need to get my shit together and get a new PC like NOW so I am ready for early release!
THANK YOU STAINLESS! I love you ALL!!

Early Release date March 27 2014 on Steam
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Crush Video and Early Release Date!

Post by Mad_Maxine »

and 11 pages of replys on the official site, Seems to have pulled everyone out of hiding,

But I can talk more here. because my comments wont be burryed in a page of capslock appreciation.

Diesel smoke, And Im sure I saw lighter gray smoke from twister at one point, this will make modding more fun, Ive allways wanted my truck stacks to smoke a lot. I really hope we can change the density and size and all to have some real (ok im gona be a dodge owner that says it.. ) roll coal. but I also own a gasso powerd ve-hi-cal so ya all is well.

Allready I have seen a comment about GTA IV on youtube. that dident take long. I atleast expected the game to be released before peopel compared it with stuff hm.. anyway crushing looks nice huh guis? First time for flat tires and detatchable wheels too. this sure makes our games look dated.

Finally. The bloody bits look a lot better than that pre beta demo video from years ago. so im not worried nomore.. Now I can sit back and wait. and hope it runs on the new pc I bought last year.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah, I hope there's lots of additional options, like color and density of exhaust smoke. Adjustable width of skid marks.
I guess my big fear is it'll be too complex now for my tiny brain to make stuff from scratch and will have to be happy just reskinning.
I had put off buying a new PC now I'm gonna have to go and get one or pray that it runs on my old one at least for a short time. :techsupport:
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

Absolutely amazing!!!
The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

I've watched this a fair few times now and loving it everytime :grin: The popping tires and subsequent falling off the rim was fantastic! And the driver ejection actually made me laugh quite loudly :lol:

I get that it's alpha but I'm hoping the axles can get damaged as well - they seemed to not be getting damaged when pitbull was getting sideways flattened by the APC. Probably just me worrying over nothing tho..

What does everyone here think of the new Eagle design btw? I'm liking it, it gives me a bit of a Ferrari 458 vibe at the front but overall I think it looks more like the Monster from Death Race 2000 than the original eagle did.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

That, sounds like a fun idea, Rear axel gets bent rear wheels bounce around and the whole car judders yeah.

Now im gona have to make a sound pack to keep the sounds from the vid.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

With so much going on like the tires going flat or the rim and wheel coming off I didn't relly notice the axle not bending. I thought the smooshed up Towmeister was pretty awesome looking.

Also having working headlights will be something I've been missing in C2 for a long time.

Check who’s online