Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Max Autos [Euro Trucks]

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
QTZ
hit n run

Re: Max Autos [Thirties Thursday]

Post by QTZ »

Toshiba-3 wrote:@D_B: You just had to rename CARMA95.EXE to CARM95.EXE ;__;
It won't work because this is SP based exec which doesn't have required Bytes at same location as Max Pack exec have, which Hifi patch is fitted for, so that's why I made new patch... Hifi exec just check if Bytes to patch are same or different than expected then patching or terminate process with error. So you may try to rename some execs, but not in that case. My patch is even worst, it check checksum then patch or refuse to patch even when required Bytes are OK... So it's for concrete exec only. Maybe some day I will make universal patcher with auto search feature...
DeepBlue wrote:LOL. I already renamed it, Tosh. Cuz I was thinking like that and when I tried to run it with the dlls, it conked and said 'not a valid file.'
As described above, this file is not expected by Hifi tool... The dll have nothing to do with hires patch or exec name. Hires patch fixes exec to run in hires mode (set native resolution to 640x480). ddraw.dll is a wrapper for DirectDraw - it can rescale display (this is not same than changing native resolution), windowed it and more... look inside ini for details. The exec name is not important for dlls - just need to have the dll/s with execs in same directory. Game exec (win95 version only) calls the dlls (so their names are important), so if they are missing from game directory, it using "default" shipped with Windows.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

OK QTZ. I understand that. Sort of.

I looked inside the .ini file and really didn't know what I was looking at.

Nothing obvious jumped out at me regarding screen resolution.
Which line should I be looking at and how would I change it to work for me?
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

QTZ wrote:What about simplified models? Are they important? Is game calculating collision based on those models? It look like collisions are not correctly detected (not big deal, but...).
IMO they are important, someone who likes details as much as you do would find them important too. They are loaded in distance or in very low memory mode. Collisions arent calculated on these, they are calculated with the bounding box(es) plus points if any.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

So it looks like those are not important as long as we don't care to make cars complete.
We can enable those models in options or in one of cheat mode, also we can see them when opponents are far from player, f12 in cheat mode.

Thank you for make all clearer, Toshiba.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Max Autos [Fords]

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Moar Scenery

Yep thats right its car dealer restoration role play time or whatever...
I just like making scenery.

Nope, I dident simply abandon the ford and forget about it, ive been making diffrent versions. But for now Welcome to Mad Maxine's Restoration, hotrod, and custom showroom.
Ive been watching too many car shows latly so I really wanted a big area with lots of cars on dispaly.. well here it is.

Also JPG images.. nice and small file size. = Obnoxiusly large images.. yay

And its ford day, No releases yet but I wanted you to see that I have actully done something with it.. yeah.. you rember this sorry looking car?
Well its been given some new life..

Lots of new life...

So lets see what we have here. I want to thank Deep Blue, without you being so into this stuff I would ahve used my Generic engine model, But this time.. Ive decided to try and re-create real life engine models.. theres only two, but Ive tried to get them looking right..

First we have the-
Restored Ford
1932 Ford Model B roadster, Fully restored with the proven 201 CID inline 4 cylinder ford engine, Producing 24 horsepwoer. 3 speed sliding gear manual transmission, Correct steering wheel and instrument pannel, Its no hotrod, but Cars of this age still look slick to me.

32 Ford Racecar
Orignal styled race car replica, This one seat striped down race car wont have you winning anything today, but the open cabin, no roll cage, combined with no safty belts and all around drumb brakes take you back to a more hairy day of racing.

32 Yellow Custom
Bright and bold, This Custom 32 Ford Roadster fetures a correct era flathead V8 engine finished in red and silver, lowerd suspension for a sleeker look and improved handling, and bright yellow paintjob and custom painted engine bay. The car also fetures mild bodywork mods such as a choped down windsheild, and removed front and rear bumpers and exposed engine bay, combined with black & chrome wire wheels for a sleek custom look.

Blue Mild Custom
Not as loud as the yellow, thsi blue mild custom ford still fetures lowerd suspension for a better profile, and same period correct flathead V8 finished in blue and silver to match the bodywork and a set of blue steel rims and chrome hubcaps But retains its orignal windsheild, orignal bumpers, and orignal body, making the car still feel like a classic.

50s Hotrod
A leftover from another era, Doen in an orignal 50s hotrod style this car retains its orignal ride hight, period correct flathead V8 finished in red and silver to take you back to a simpler time. The body is finished in a deep red, along with the matching red steel rims, and chrome hubcaps. The fenders, bumpers, hood sides, have all been removed, along with lowerd headlights for that true 50s hotrod style.

Greaser
A car that would have no problem travling back to the 50s, Everything about this car is done in a triditinal. Or even cliche hotrod styling, From its lowerd headlights, flame paintjob, removed bumper and fenders. everything about this car takes you back there. Finished with a set of red plain steel wheels and flathead V8 in the triditinal red and silver.

Modern Hotrod
Some people like there hotrods oldskool, But I have seen a lot of very modernised ones too,
This all blacked hotrod still fetures a Flathead V8, finished in black and silver but comes with modern wider wheels, coverd with road leagal cycle fenders, all around disk brakes, and modern coil spring suspension as oppose to the orignal leaf springs gives a much more modern proformance feel, along with its modernised looks feturing sleeker and smaller lights, If you want something classic styled, with modern driveability this might be for you.

Loud Proud Hotrod
If you like to stand out, this is for you, With the same proformance and safty fetures as the previus car, and identical body styling, what sets this car apart is the very loud paintjob, sure to attract attention wherever it goes. with its bright purple body, and faded green to white flames, finished off with gold trim and rims, its cirtenly diffrent, even flathead V8 is finished in gold. Mabye not for everyone, but this car does make a statement.

Orange Slick
Feturing the same styling, and proformance once again. The diffrence here is a very modern bright orange and silver body, that seem to allmost make the car look as tho it has a more slick body design, The modern open 5 spoke wheels are not for everyone but finish this modernised classic off nicley, along with the flathead V8 finished off in body matching orange and silver.

Well, those are my designs.. But you had some too if you rember. Do not get mad at me if its not perfect, I kinda used my initiative on some parts.

So here we go,

Coffeycup
Wanting to not just say 'Hotrod' like everyone else Coffey sugested a Mad max style offroad car, Wich is what we got, Jacked up and with offroad wheels this car is ready for the wasteland, and anything it can throw at you, the body has mostly been removed, with only the bare shell remaining, and a tire for those frontal impacts. Its.. cirtenly diffrent.

Deep Blue
DB is a guy who knows his stuff, He knew what he wanted too, and here it is, Ladder suspension on the rear, Hi rear end low front end, Old truck wheels replace the orignals, the body is left as it was apart from the removing of the hood, fenders, and bumpers, the engine is the usual Flathead V8 adding a contrast of brand new shiney parts to an otherwise decayed look, The added exhausts are muffler-free Zombie pipes (or atleast I think this is what the zombie pipes you mentioned are, I could be wrong) and a roll cage added.

Fuel
Fule pretty much said, Dark red, Spikes, Blades, Armored
So this is what we have, Armored roof as he sugested, small blades along the fender edges as he said, and a larger heavy duty front bumper wich he also said, The engine tho was not so spcific, so I went with the usual Flathead V8 but finished it in an unusual Black and yellow combination, fitted into a custom painted engine bay. Wich is what happens when Im left to my own devices.

Hope you liekd the preview, I was thinking about other versions.. but ya know.. Mabye best not to overdo it. Besides I have another car, and another pickup im working on.

By the way, two mentiones
Hairball: Those seemed more like sugestions than requests or ideas. So I dident do anything without a solid design Idea, thats all.

Jaw_Breaker: Its not that I dont want to do that, its just two thinks, 1 Coupe de grace as a roadster dosent seem to work to me, and two, ... It might clash with something else im making.. heh The clue is in the room.

Thats all for now children!
QTZ
hit n run

Re: Max Autos [Fords WIP]

Post by QTZ »

Wonderful museum trip, miss.
All the cars... the one with cover... and scenery...
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

SAAAA_WEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

:rockon:

Nah slam dat sucka to the ground. (Yup, right in between those big wheels-just enuf so's ya could mebbe get three fingers under the body edge.)

"Zoomie Pipes" :grin:
zoomies.jpg
zoomies.jpg (62.32 KiB) Viewed 17483 times
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

Pure awesomeness Maxi!! Great work love it all :smile:
The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.
Fuel
speed freak

Re: Max Autos [Fords]

Post by Fuel »

Mad_Maxine wrote: Fule pretty much said, Dark red, Spikes, Blades, Armored
So this is what we have, Armored roof as he sugested, small blades along the fender edges as he said, and a larger heavy duty front bumper wich he also said, The engine tho was not so spcific, so I went with the usual Flathead V8 but finished it in an unusual Black and yellow combination, fitted into a custom painted engine bay. Wich is what happens when Im left to my own devices.
Wow, that's.. from a looong ol' time ago now. I fully wasn't expecting anything to come of that in the first place. It's bloody brilliant :banana: Apologies for not being very descriptive, but I'm not really a technical car person or a very decisive person.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Max Autos [Terrapro WIP]

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I know I havent finished the Ford yet, I know I havent finished the Van demolition derby, and I know I havent finished the truck mod yet.
But I decided to make something new..

So Reading the forums over at Carmageddon.com and such Ive come to the conlusion that supercars are the most popular types of cars.
This was confrimed by the fact I tried to play forza online. people ONLY. and I dont over exadurate this but ONLY, race the top class cars, veyrons, supercars, selan, konegzzasssggc's, There was litrally nothing at all but supercars, and nothing with less than 1,000 bhp.

So give the people what they want right?

Yeah thats right I decided to make a Mack Terrapro LE,
you may have figured by now that the veyron there is just to make a stupid pic up on the banner. ok so... What ive done is started to waste my time again.
I wanted to make something new so rather than doing anything that people might want, I made something that nobody really cars about, and because of that probly knows nothing about but.. Hey I actully like the Mack LE, I mean I like Autocar trucks slightly more.. but this looked easyer to make.

Everyone should recognise this shape.. but for those who dont know, Its just the base of a truck often used for, Cranes, sometiems firetrucks, and genral service type truck, Mostly seen as garbage trucks.

So heres what I got so far, fully modeld cab and chassis, I tried to add more detail than usual including the things I usually forget.. such as mirrors, driveshafts and such, and all the little cabley bits,

Also it sounds like a carmageddon car right? Terrapro. Im going to make a caramgeddon version, Imaginativley named Terror Pro. any ideas on how you can make something like this carmageddon like? I was just thinking a flatbed with barbed wire on the front and such..

Btw the Stock regular version is most likly going to be a Garbage truck.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Wow really nice work, Max!
Great use of photo references, realistic looking and all.
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

you have the beautiful chassis cab, does that make the trash box detachable? :scool:

street sweepers use them too, flatbed stakeside trucks, and i've seen them as rollbacks too.

as for carma-ing one? bigger tires, plow blade, and big jet engine throwing flame out the back and making it really quick, in a straight line.
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Wow, that looks great. You could come up with all sorts of crazy loads. Flatbed with cages for hookers or Mohawk guys. Go go dancers? I like the jet engine idea too, with animated flames and spinning doodads.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Carma version later.
Release now!

You know what I reolised? I have a used car lot, a custom car showroom, A relic barn find workshop, an outdoor warzone scene, and even a carshow area.
You know what I dont have? A comercial sales area. yeah so thats what I got now.

Heres your full tour,

New & used conditions avalible.

you know this was orignally going to be a side loader? Then I changed my mind and was going to make a front load truck, with the arms, but finally I felt this is what most people consider a Garbage truck, so triditinal manual rear load.

My site: http://demontailmods.webs.com/

Cars section for lazy non navigators: http://demontailmods.webs.com/c2-cars

PLEASE NOTE: Webs is currently being all screwy, if the page does not load Just reload, refrech, or click whre it says try again, the page will eventully load. Issues will most likly be over by the time you get here

@Toshiba-3
Glad you like, Photo textures are the only thing I can do. unless im going for cartoon style.

@Hairba11
It would probly be easyer to rip the axles off than remove the rear, ive been having a look and these garbage trucks seem pretty solid machines. so yeah I knwo its carma, But the back is staying (btw does anybody know the actual name for the 'Container' on a garbage truck?

@coffeycup
Allright fine ill do a jet :P But im going with my orignal idea of flatbed too, and I have another version to try. heh
It would be cool to animate go go dancers in the back.. but that sounds like a lot of parts planning.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: Max Autos [Terrapro REL]

Post by Deep_Blue »

I used to drive a garbage truck sometimes during the summer months. We called that box th
e packer. The trough in the back where the bags get tossed is called the trap.
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Re: Max Autos [Terrapro REL]

Post by Hairba11 »

i think i've seen red and green one.
although around here they're boring white.
went driving up a state highway near chicago. about 8 miles long due north. it was like a rainbow of humanity along that drive.
got off the interstate in rich white, then middle class white, the poor white and mexican, then all mexican, mexican and some brothers, then all working class brothers, some deep burned out hood, then back to brothers, beaners, crackers, and we popped out at a mercedes dealership near another highway.
anyway, in the mexican section:
the trash truck was bright yellow cab, bright green box, red and green stripes and pinstriping all over the cab, red and yellow stripes and pinstriping on the box white letters with a mexican name telephono number etc. it was a front loader and the arms were green with red stripes.

guess the crackers i live around can't handle that much style, so ours are boring white trucks.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Max Autos [R.A.K WIP]

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Mexican garbage trucks, heh well ok Hairball, ill get back to it sometime, But for now I got this..

Anybody rember this?

Ya, thats right the first thing I ever released, It was the first time I ever attempted to use photos as textures, tho I was not going for an accurate remake, I just used some random photos to make a small pickup based dumptruck, with weird sportyish hood vents, and someone with a hat driving..

Yeah man, look at that engine model.

Well What I decided to do is, try make my first car again, Its made up, its a 1970 R.A.K Dumptruck.. these years later I cant actully rember what R.A.K even stands for.. probly some pun I thought was funny at the time but Really wouldent seem it now.
So yeah heres a remake, of my made up mini dumper.

Well how bout that? Hey I guess I improved over the years right?

The reson for this one is just saying, I was late to the party, starting my mods in 2006, I was a moron who tried to package other peopels work (I wanted to make an apoc mod with reskinned econo cars, Only now I see how bad of an idea that was), And now its 2014, and Im still making stuff
C1, and C2, are not dead, and Ill be here making stuff, despite how old this game is.

Ill release soon, I have an issue with it for some reson crashing the game when it gets hit from behind.

There we go! first made up car in a while.
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

from the side it really looks close to teh 75 f350 dump i have at work
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q217 ... o-1917.jpg
Doritoskng
driver

Post by Doritoskng »

All these new models from you alll look great! Really want just the chassis and engine from the garbage truck to flesh out some ideas i have had running around in my head that gta sa car parts cant solve but i suppose i should make one my self considering lol I really enjoy watching you pump these vehicles and mods out
Still alive some how
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hairba11
Nice truck, The roof side of mine was from an F100, tho I dont recall what year :3, The rest of the truck is made up and kinda hints towords the orignal design, I feel I should have used a more chevrolet type body. but oh well..

Regarding the garbage truck, Ones here are mostly white cabs and green containers, where as ones in the city are a weird browney/orange type color with pale brown cab.. I personally Hate that color combination but ive seen that color around in the city. damn. Never saw something pinstriped as you said, But ive seen an orange one, and a totally black unmarked one, are garbage trucks all government owned, or are they privet companys? i dunno how it works.

Doritoskng
Well I really like making trucks, so if you want a chassis cab to work with, and you ask very nicley for the type you would like mabye ill do that :P

EDIT:
Oh right, here we go,
1970, hence 1970 RAK, I might actully go back and edit this into an f100 its close enough.
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Post by Hairba11 »

oooh, pretty truck
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Doritoskng wrote:All these new models from you alll look great! Really want just the chassis and engine from the garbage truck to flesh out some ideas i have had running around in my head
Well this is just what kinda person I am sometimes when im in a good mood.

I made a chassis cab, Im going to build some stuff on it and release it as a car (probly a dumptruck, or tanker, Or mabye small pack) But just for you Heres the cab and chassis for download. Its basic has no extres or images or stuff, But it all works, including the extra wheels.. Properly for once, and all the smashables detatchables.

When adding things you may want to tweek the bounding box, handling, and mass, But here it is.

New!:
2005 Kenworth W900 Chassis cab.

So, Go get creative: or jsut drive it I guess..
https://maxine.cwaboard.co.uk/c1_Cars/W900ChassisCab.zip
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

That's pretty dang nice, thanks Maxine..
Doritoskng
driver

Post by Doritoskng »

Usually garbage companies are their own entities maybe state sponsored but private companies. And thank you maxine still, i think ill try it out on my own.. still gotta get something in game and get cracking...
Still alive some how
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ive given ya enough of the gormet stuff, heres some low grade beef.

My Aim? Well once again I wanted to make a 'Lost car' A car that looks like it could have been cut from the orignal game, Welcome to 1998,
So there ya go, Lets go for a ride mom!

Btw Rogue trip, the name is in no way connected to the other game.

http://carmaxinegeddon.webs.com/cars
timmy76
motorised death

Re: Max Autos [Low Grade Crap]

Post by timmy76 »

Look's great Maxine
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Max Autos [Low Grade Crap]

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Rad!

By the way, you know you can put these zips (from carmaxinegeddon I mean) on the tosh server too if you want.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Max Autos [Wut?]

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Well what can I say, I cant keep away,

But damn, Ive lost my car posing areas, and my cars, That 32 ford was pretty likeable for me.. hm.
Well, So I lost the old showroom in... I dunno.. lets say a fire? I Built a new one!
Boy it looks empty, I hope soon enough I can have this filled out, still theres two things in there. take a look at this.

1964 Chevrolet Impala SS Convertible.
I love these cars, anyway since Im kinda reviving my love of making real cars I decided to try to add more detail to the engine bay, interior, and such, I had been working on that previusly but I keep getting a little more accurate here.

So yeah here it is, 64 Impala, 327ci Turbofire V8 2 Speed Automatic, Has the shifter on the floor rather than how you mostly see these impalas with it on the colum, I was surprised by this actully, I hadent seen this before.

And also.. Im pretty indiffrent to lowriders, I dont despise them like some might, but I wouldent go buy one if I had the cash, but since this is an impala.. and its famus for being a lowrider heres one with wire wheels, custom bumpers, custom paintjob, curb feelers, Yes I did forget the mirror in this one but ill put that in before release, and add some fuzzy dice. The trunk is currently empty but I feel it needs soem stupid huge sound system.. hm

There ya go, Handling set up, models in game, working, Just need to set up the driver, Detatchable parts (yes the hubcaps wil lcoem off again) and smashables. pluss the usual c2c file and menue images.

There ya go, I guess I over reacted at my hard drive dieing but I really feel this again, Making old crap, for old games, is I guess... just my hobby. so yeah I got everything working! ha, screw you windows 8 I win,
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

Hell yeah! :thumbsup:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Awesome, now that's the spirit :ssmile: :swheel:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Wow, very nice. I like the curb feelers on the low-rider heheh.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

YESSSSS! :grin:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

So few things you might spot.
It has a driver, I added the drum brakes to the Lowrider. I reolosed you could see nothingness past the wheels. Views and handling tweekd, and has all the stuff you expect a C2 car to have.

Download now! <- Btw.. click the download now... to go to the download, Just incase some people missed that.

A car release, 3 weeks after melt down, There ya go.

Oh btw Coffey, I wouldent have thought of curb feelers, Its just I was googling 'Impala lowrider' to see what kinda paintjobs and stuff there was and a lot of them had em on, so thats that.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Allright, lets go, I plan to Fill this room,

1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1.

Hey look I actully made a car with a stickshift manual, Well, I was going to give it an auto again after the carma fourms thing, But.. Well I wanted to again keep accurate to the car I refrenced from.

As ya see I tried to make an interior again, Comes with a solid painted top, Glass top, and open top version, Handling not set up yet, will get on that soon.

Check who’s online