Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Can't get Add-On cars to work in C2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Ryoku75
pedestrian

Can't get Add-On cars to work in C2

Post by Ryoku75 »

I've managed to get Carmageddon 2 working on my Windows 7 with glidewrapper, but for some reason I can't get my add-on cars to work.

I've used carstockalypse and tried adding them manually via opponents.txt with no luck, I know the opponent.txt is in "local files" or something like that, but no matter what I change it has no effect on the game.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: Can't get Add-On cars to work in C2

Post by Harmalarm »

did you replace one of the cars?

The game can only handle the original number of cars, so you always have to replace an existing car with a new one. This is the reason carstockalypse has the arrows pointing both ways. First remove the eagle3, then add you custom car, then move it up the list to the point where the eagle3 was. (otherwise the mini car images at the bottom of the screen will be mixed up)
Ryoku75
pedestrian

Post by Ryoku75 »

I've tried manually replacing one of the colored Eagles with no luck, though I did this by manually editing the text.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Mmh? What's going on Harm?
You don't have to absolutely replace an existing car with another, you can simply add them to the list and increment the top number.

Ryoku75: did you beat the game? The addon cars will only be available directly in the cars gallery if you have beaten the game. Or else you'll have to encounter them in a race, and buy them in the wrecks gallery.

Honestly, Carstockalypse should do the work fine, it's one of the most stable program I've ever seen.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Ryoku75
pedestrian

Post by Ryoku75 »

What was going on is that I had installed Carmageddon 2 Advanced and decided to replace "The Eraser" with its updated Mk.2 counter-part, thus I should be starting the game with the mk2 as my primary car. I tried overwriting the text document and no matter what I was stuck with the old Eraser.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Well then yes, you should just use Carstock to remove the first Eraser and then add the updated on in place.
As you apparently did that already: when you open up Carstock again, does it show the updated Eraser in the list on the right (as installed thus)?
Ryoku75
pedestrian

Post by Ryoku75 »

I've added the cars in at the bottom but whenever I would re-open Cartock they wouldn't be there, I haven't tried your method yet but I will soon.

I am using glidewrapper if that might be causing trouble.

EDIT: Fixed it for the most part, having a few minor bugs but I'll get them straightend out.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Mmh? What's going on Harm?
You don't have to absolutely replace an existing car with another, you can simply add them to the list and increment the top number.
I was always under the impression that this wouldn't work! :eek: I guess I made a habit of replacing cars all these year that I forgot it was possible to add them too. But doesn't that mess up the car icons in the HUD?

Anyway, nice to hear you got it sorted. What fixed it?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Harmalarm wrote:But doesn't that mess up the car icons in the HUD?
Yes it does. Minor problem though.
You don't recall at all that problem most people have when we add too many addon cars? Usualy starts around 150 addons I think, varies from a config to another.

Check who’s online