Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Something coming?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: Something coming?

Post by Harmalarm »

So true. I used to love digging in the game folders trying to find new stuff to use for our mods. This is how all the custom menu buttons, menu pages, directory folders and other custom stuff for the dd2 mod are made. I think I almost changed all content of the original game there, while the only official tool we have is plaything.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

As long as the game has twat file extensions then all is well :smile:

[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Well I'm looking forward to support for textures larger than 256x256 pixels :tongue:. And proper LOD support, night-time lighting effects, support for large addon maps without the game crashing, advanced action replay controls, and that vegetation generation they mention on their tech site.

Maybe a 3DSMax plugin to export the addon maps, noncars, opponent/traffic paths, and the whole shebang, directly to the game. (I'm not sure if their "world creation tools" can beat Max) :smile:

Assuming it's moddable, of course.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

To be honest if it was easier out of the box I would have to wonder if it would have been as much fun to discover everything for ourselves. The thrill of the chase and all It was immensely satisfying
I'm in agreement here. Back in the day, I once spent a week trying to make a level for Doom 1 that had multi-level rooms and proper bridges because I was told it couldn't be done. Obviously I failed because it really couldn't be done, but god damn I tried :lol:

Investigating and figuring out how to do things with C2 was great fun. These days I see a lot of people moaning hardcore about games with mod-support not having every feature and tool documented fully, which is just a spoilt attitude in my opinion. Undocumented features are often the most fun and useful to use and there's a lot more satisfaction when you have to figure it all out yourself.

Hopefully Stainless will give a bit more info on how to mod the new one, if only so it doesn't take so long to wrap our heads around it. Then again, isn't their Beelzebub engine effectively the descendant of the C2 engine to some extent? If it is then we'll have a fair head start on modding it anyway.
a.k.a. Brent
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

just saying - it might be a xbox live release of some sort?! PC might not even get a look?
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Holybejeebus, on the subject over oversized, that signature is about 1000% the size of the entire copy of your post :P {/grumpy old man rant}
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

just saying - it might be a xbox live release of some sort?! PC might not even get a look?
If Stainless are in control as it seems, then that is very unlikely. Yes, it may well be released on XBLA instead of at retail to avoid the associated costs, but I'm extremely doubtful that they'll ignore the PC as they have continued to support the PC with their recent games.

It would be a very silly move to not release a PC version as the majority of people who are interested in it are PC gamers. Most console gamers have never heard of Carmageddon and those that have usually think it's "that Twisted Metal rip off on the playstation."
a.k.a. Brent
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Holybejeebus, on the subject over oversized, that signature is about 1000% the size of the entire copy of your post :P {/grumpy old man rant}

Thanks Matt!
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

much more elegant my good sir :smile:
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

God I hope they allow mods. I really really hope they don't follow Rebellion with AvP3. They did the first game and you can easily produce some crazy stuff, but their return to the franchise last year has resulted in a handful of godawful hacked together player reskins and nothing else. Everything is encrypted into a mess of 500mb bullshit, and you have to jump through so many hoops getting the simplest shit to work. And the simplest shit is all they allow.
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

Please for the love of god let it be a new carmageddon for pc! :tongue:
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

2 more days to wait to hopefully find out!! :twisted:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I'll be sat on carmageddon.com watching the timer count down to 0 on wednesday.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!

I'm getting excited!!!!!!!

Max must be back!!!!!!!!

Yes but only just, and i have no idea whats going on, but if this shows up a picutre of rick rolls after this im killing everyone,

btw i drew something pointless with pixels

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Where be the roof blades, Max?
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

I think we should be more positive first, and if it blows (which I don't think it will) than we can start world war 3: Car combat engaged.
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

1 and a half days to go! Come On Wednesday!! :lol:
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

From what is being said;

if they do not give us Carmageddon,

we'll give them Carmageddon.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

It's great to see how enthusiastic everyone is about this.

It just goes to show this community has never and will never die, we're still alive and kicking.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Simone McDermott is getting excited on twitter.

My question to her: "@Simista is that excitement related to a certain mysterious countdown timer which ends tomorrow morning?"

Her response: "@TrentTech ...hehehe... :wink:"

EDIT: And a bit more of a back and forth leads me to believe that, yes, the announcement will be kick arse. Not long left!
a.k.a. Brent
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Simone McDermott is getting excited on twitter.

My question to her: "@Simista is that excitement related to a certain mysterious countdown timer which ends tomorrow morning?"

Her response: "@TrentTech ...hehehe... :wink: "

EDIT: And a bit more of a back and forth leads me to believe that, yes, the announcement will be kick arse. Not long left!
Haha, yea saw that :grin:
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Ok who's taking bets on whether *anything* will actually happen when the counter reaches zero? Even if something was planned it's always funny in the real world where these things get held back and back, money on it being Dukeageddon Forever? :smile:

You could pull off some serious fan trolling with one of these :lol:
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Haha, yeah that would funny. I assume they'll switch the page over to something else after the countdown, though no doubt it won't be instant. The moment it rolls down to zero we should all start complaining if the announcement isn't made instantly :lol:
a.k.a. Brent
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

What about some predicitions of a possible title? I'll hold off from Nukeageddon Forever until the counter reaches zero. Following on from CARpocalypse Now, I could only thing of Carmageddon: MaCARoni and Bleeds but that's pretty much just nonsensical
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

My suggestions:

Carmageddon: Cartaclysm

Carmageddon: Cartastrophe
a.k.a. Brent
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Cartaclysm would fail, my guess would be Carmageddon: Complete Carnage

12:00 UK time is revealing time, right? I wasn't sure because I don't live in the UK, but it looks like that.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Carmageddon: MaCARoni
Now that would be the greatest thing, ever!
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

12:00 UK time is revealing time, right? I wasn't sure because I don't live in the UK, but it looks like that.

No, 10:00am UK Time
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

meh carnage was too .. obvious :tongue: if rather appropriate

what about carmageddon: incarpable-of-peeing-once-I've-driven-over-your-lower-torso

That would still fit on a box, right?
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Carmageddon: tdr2012 lol
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

Carmageddon 4: Electric Boogaloo
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

Let's just hope this won't be a MMO that is like NFS: World, where free to play became pay to play (around 99% of the stuff for the game is in real cash).
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Carmageddon 3
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Carmageddon: Scarred for life
Mastro 666
motorised death