Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

AI. behavior

A place for all things Bangers! Seduction of Destruction! Fun!
jack556
pedestrian

AI. behavior

Post by jack556 »

Just wanted to ask if its possible to change the AI in the SOD TC. The opponents in the game most of the time are getting stuck on the sidelines and its pretty much screws the game Anyone else has the same glitch?
timmy76
motorised death

Re: AI. behavior

Post by timmy76 »

theres no way of changing the ai unless your willing to recode the whole game just so they go around the track
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Plus it's not really a glitch, it's just stupid AI.. :poo:

Sorry, you can, however, change the opponents' aggressiveness but this seems to have no effect on how much the AI hug the walls.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
jack556
pedestrian

Post by jack556 »

Im not sure but maybe if the SOD maps were larger than maybe it could fix the problem. Im not an expert but it seems that on big maps the AI behave more logically
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Nope.. AI doesn't understand or follow logical ideas, they follow paths (badly).. There's no way of overcoming the wall hugging, unless you recode all of the AI in the game, which would (as Timmy stated) require decompiling the entire executable and recompiling it once you're done.

The only reason that the the AI seem to hug walls less on bigger maps is because as soon as the opponents leave your sight, they unload and begin to teleport around the map, only following the set paths when you're in map view or are close to them. They're still wall huggers.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
jack556
pedestrian

Post by jack556 »

well then maybe its time to move to tdr2000 modding. I think tdr AI is much more "effective". Anyway its just a suggestion (regards to the fact that many users of this forum hates TDR for nothing :techsupport: )
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

regards to the fact that many users of this forum hates TDR for nothing
We don't hate TDR2000 for "nothing"....
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Except for the minor issue of not being able to

make custom TDR tracks, that's a great idea!

:noob:
The Outlaw
hit n run

Post by The Outlaw »

Look Jack, many of the members including myself hate TDR 2000 mainly because it was a let down, It's no where near as good as the first 2.
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.

Check who’s online