Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

brampton for SOD

A place for all things Bangers! Seduction of Destruction! Fun!
Turnip
driver

brampton for SOD

Post by Turnip »

i know this will seem very cheeky and disrespectful but could anybody make brampton for SOD. brampton is a 1/4 mile oval dirt track which has tyres around outside and on inside turns. i can get some pictures and videos if any of you can make it. thanks.
Jon606
hit n run

Re: brampton for SOD

Post by Jon606 »

Turnip you'd be better off asking Marcel (RCBanger) to make it, seeing as he has done some before. Or you could contact Freddy, seeing as he made the game, plus it's his local track! :lol:
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

how can i contact them because i have no idea how or where to reach them? :supercrazy:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Husky has been eager to make new maps...not that I'm volunteering him or anything :tongue:
Husky
hit n run

Post by Husky »

I already am making 3 tracks. I guess I could make another. :shock: I need pictures!
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

thanks mate. theres not many pictures of the track but theres a videos if that helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yCvPq_ ... re=related

hope its good enough. thanks
Husky
hit n run

Post by Husky »

The satellite view was the most helpful. All I have left to do is add all the tires, and get it working in the game!

Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

whoa that was right quick and it looks amazing. i was expecting it to take like 2months. will the tyres be individual or will it be one big wall?
Husky
hit n run

Post by Husky »

Separate. Just need to convert it! :grin:

coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Hats off to you! Those big buried truck tires don't look like they move at all in the video.

Maybe add a few loose ones later as noncars, I'll even do it for you.
Husky
hit n run

Post by Husky »

:shock: Thank you!
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

OMG thats amazing mate, thats exactly like the real thing. thank you its a really good map. how long will it take to get in game mate?
Husky
hit n run

Post by Husky »

one, or maybe 2 days. :smile:
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

cool. i cant wait to play it. im going to have a go at sheffield and see how it goes. if i get stuck on anything would you be able to tell me what to do please :help: once again thanks for making brampton :beer:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Almost done.

A little more paperwork and a map to do for Husky.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

looks great, as soon as i get sod working i'll play this.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Dalags177
driver

Post by Dalags177 »

i seroulsy cant believe how well youv done that. (although when you do release it could you make sure it doesnt have pedestrians as the track wont work with them on SoD )

looks brilliant well done :supercrazy: :eek: :rockon:
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

Looking very good Husky, weldone! :thumbsup: Couple of things you might want to do though, I have been to Brampton myself and the banking around the outside could do with being a tad higher, plus the catch fencing looks too high. Also the track itself seems to be a bit too big compared to the size of the cars? minor things I know but helps make it more accurate...

Also on the paperwork side Brampton is quite bumpy so knock the bumpyness level up a bit in the trackname.txt also in the material entries the car to wall and car to track friction want to be turned up a bit so that when a car hits the tyres it 'sticks' and when a car rolls over it flips rather than just skids on it roof, look at the txt files for 'smallfield' or 'bigdirt' from sod as examples of what I mean, alot of tracks have been let down by this as cars react differently depending on what surface they are on, or hitting. Hope this makes sence lol :lol:

Oh and yes you might want to make 2 versions of it one with no peds and one with, as tracks with peds do not work on sod...my fault I deleted all the ped detail to save on file size :oops:
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

that looks right good, thanks husky. i need help on sheffield already :sad: how do you do post and wire fencing on sketchup? cheers
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I'm afraid, what you see is what you get (though I did lower the height of the chain link fence.)

No one was actively building this racetrack or even thinking of it 48 hours ago. That is until Turnip rolled off the back of a truck, dusted himself off and announced he'd like someone to build a SOD track for him, the cheeky monkey. Having recieving virtually no reference from said turnip (youtube link?) I was the one who used google maps to create a photo-mosiac for Husky to base the map on. I was the one who got on flickr and found a little more reference. Based on only those references I think Mr Husky did a great job.

The screenshot shows peds, but the zip is w/o peds. There are simple instructions included for adding them back in.

Features:

Layout based on satellite photos

Smashable fences

Many tippables like tires, haybails, trash cans and more

Material modifiers for bumpy surface and dust clouds

Download here
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

No probs Coffey lol I guess I was a bit late seeing this thread, could of provided some refererence photos etc, but nevermind..still looks great as it is :thumbsup:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Great job Husky and Coffey, I'll download it and use it once i get SoD fixed, nice one guys.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

thank you coffeycup and husky, its a great track and im really glad you made it. :beer: :rockon:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Awesome work both of you guys! I think I'm going to install SOD again too :smile: Great speed of releasing it too!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Nice track guys, I've tested it this morning. It is actually hard to win from the AI in this one! :lol:

And nice custom noncars Coffey. These are from you noncar pack right?

coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah, custom. I still have some I haven't used yet, like parking meters and sawhorse barriers

Check who’s online