Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C1 pix packs question.

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

C1 pix packs question.

Post by Deep_Blue »

Is there a limit to how many images a C1 car can have assigned to it?

Could I possibly take a small track.pix with more than the usual 13-19 images in it and use it for a car after renaming the images and the .pix file?

I have a car that will use about 21 images and a track.pix that holds 29. I know C1 will ignore any images that aren't mapped to a part.

I still haven't had the time to wrap my head around making my own pix packs from scratch, so I'm using existing ones atm.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: C1 pix packs question.

Post by Toshiba-3 »

You don't have to use pre-existing pix packs anymore.
Prepare all your pixelmaps in the correct format (BMP, 256 colors, carma palette), put them in a folder, then drop TRixx.exe in that folder and run it. Select option 3 then press Enter (saying from memory, not 100% sure). Should create a brand new pix pack :sbsmile:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: C1 pix packs question.

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hmm... OK. That sounds pretty simple, but the last time I tried to use Trixx-all it did was just 'run" and turn a folder full of tifs into bmps and then I had to go thru and weed out all the bmps and use an existing .pix anyway. I never saw any options-or a new pix file.

I'm guessing I did something wrong.

'K...tried to run it and it said I needed to install one of the following versions of .NET framework:
v4.0.30319

OK, got the framework from Microsoft...
HOLY CARP! That sucker takes a year an' a day to install!

Now, on to reformatting the tifs in preparation. (I have the Carma race palette saved).

EDIT:
OK. Firstly lemme say that Trixx worked flawlessly. A huge thank you to whoever made that proggy. It saved me hours of tedious work. (whew!)

One thing I DID notice is that the folder that the images to be put into the pix pack are in should be named *exactly* what the pix pack you wanna create is gonna be named to save time and grief.

Trixx offers ya a chance to name the pix file to be created, BUT if ya rename it...it will produce something that Carmagedit can't find. I'm assuming that if Carmagedit can't find it-neither can the game.

I had all my images in a folder called "HDbmps", ran Trixx and chose "HDUltraC" as the new pix file name-it spit out a pix file called "HDUltraC" but nothing could read it.
So I deleted the new pix file and just chose the existing folder name "HDbmps" and it spit out a pix file called "HDbmps" that everything could read.

Renamed the folder to "HDUltraC" and it spit out a readable pix file called "HDULTRAC."

I'm assuming the 8.3 filename format is OK for C1. (I remember hearing about that a lot.)

Much mo' better.

Tosh...Is there a breakdown somewhere on the functions listed in the Trixx program? (What each option means) Some of the terms are a bit beyond me.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online