C2 Frame Rate Issue

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Fuel
speed freak

C2 Frame Rate Issue

Post by Fuel »

I'm getting some pretty extreme frame rate drops with some add-on cars as opponents when they're on-screen. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to lessen or stop this from happening? Apart from the obvious answers of "don't use those cars" or "have less opponents" of course. Anything I can do in my graphics card settings or C2 ini files? Or is this just a limitation of the C2 engine and not being able to handle higher poly cars? Any help or suggestions are appreciated :smile:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: C2 Frame Rate Issue

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Somehow, you gave all possible answers in your post already :slol:
Because yes, it's the engine not having any way to optimize such dense geometry that's at fault.
If you're not using dgVoodoo as a glide wrapper, you might try the 1.50 version. It usually improves performances quite well.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Thanks for the confirmation Tosh. I'm using the GoG version of C2 now as my original version of C2 just stopped working for some reason. Can I just replace nglide with dgvoodoo or will that screw up how GoG have fixed things up? Or am I just talking a load of bullshit? :lol:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yes, just replace nGlide+its glide2x.dll with dgVoodoo 1.50 files. If you don't see any difference you can always remove dgVoodoo and install nGlide again.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Brilliant, thanks for the help Tosh :thumbsup: