Having trouble logging in? Password not accepted? Recently some bad apples caused a bit of a ruckus around here and a few accounts had to be reset.
Please, drop Toshiba, Errol or n3wton a line and they'll sort you right out! We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause :(

C2 Frame Rate Issue
Fuel created C2 Frame Rate Issue on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:58 pm
I'm getting some pretty extreme frame rate drops with some add-on cars as opponents when they're on-screen. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to lessen or stop this from happening? Apart from the obvious answers of "don't use those cars" or "have less opponents" of course. Anything I can do in my graphics card settings or C2 ini files? Or is this just a limitation of the C2 engine and not being able to handle higher poly cars? Any help or suggestions are appreciated :smile:
Toshiba-3 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:40 pm
Somehow, you gave all possible answers in your post already :slol:
Because yes, it's the engine not having any way to optimize such dense geometry that's at fault.
If you're not using dgVoodoo as a glide wrapper, you might try the 1.50 version. It usually improves performances quite well.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Fuel on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:01 pm
Thanks for the confirmation Tosh. I'm using the GoG version of C2 now as my original version of C2 just stopped working for some reason. Can I just replace nglide with dgvoodoo or will that screw up how GoG have fixed things up? Or am I just talking a load of bullshit? :lol:
Toshiba-3 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:47 pm
Yes, just replace nGlide+its glide2x.dll with dgVoodoo 1.50 files. If you don't see any difference you can always remove dgVoodoo and install nGlide again.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Fuel on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:38 am
Brilliant, thanks for the help Tosh :thumbsup:
Pages: 1

Extra information
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 pm,

Please Register a username.
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests