Having trouble getting an engine sound to work.

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Having trouble getting an engine sound to work.

Post by Deep_Blue »

So I was gonna update the Wez bike's engine sound to something more sport-bike-ish.

Copied the engine sound bit from Maxy's Harley and changed the wav reference name and assigned it a number in the sound.txt and changed the engine sound number in the bike's text.

First, it would make no sound atall. So I changed the wav format a couple times (to formats that C2 already uses) and no dice. So I switched the sound back to "Engine 3" and it works, but sounds like a V8-Not what I wanted.

Then I changed it back to the reference number I assigned to the Kwaka.wav and THE GODDAMN ENGINE STILL SOUNDS LIKE "ENGINE 3."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over?
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Having trouble getting an engine sound to work.

Post by coffeycup »

If you were going to use Maxie's harley wav just keep the same name and ID she uses. Otherwise there's two identical wavs in the sound folder for no good reason.

I don't know why you hear wrong sound except when you make a new reference number make sure it isn't already being used?
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

I made my own .wav-a sportbike engine idle sound ( formatted correctly which would spool up nicely ingame) and assigned a new ID and .wav file reference, but I must have assigned it to an ID already in use. What would happen is either the 'engine3' sound would remain or there would be no engine sound atall.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Whenever I add a new sound ID to SOUND.TXT I do a search (Cntrl-F) and check that it isn't already being used.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yahmon. Good idea!
:lol: