Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Editing Car Physics C2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
AdamTheDeviant
pedestrian

Editing Car Physics C2

Post by AdamTheDeviant »

I'm trying to edit the physics (speed, acceleration, friction, etc.) of the cars in C2 but it's not working. I use to be able to just open the txt and change the values there but for some reason when I try it now it doesn't work. I've even tried G2 garage to rewrite the files but after rebooting the game it crashed upon selecting the car I edited. Any suggestions or ideas?
We cannot tear out a single page of our life, but we can throw the whole book in the fire. - George Sand
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: Editing Car Physics C2

Post by Harmalarm »

Hi there! What installment of C2 are you playing? And are you changing the physics of the original cars of the game or custom cars. The original cars are packed by default, unless you are playing Tosh's Vanilla C2
AdamTheDeviant
pedestrian

Post by AdamTheDeviant »

Standard C2 (No Total Conversions). And I'm trying to alter both original and custom. The car in question is custom.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Maxine also just posted a nice tutorial on car handling physics here. She even has examples you can download.
AdamTheDeviant
pedestrian

Post by AdamTheDeviant »

Yeah it was a good write up.
We cannot tear out a single page of our life, but we can throw the whole book in the fire. - George Sand
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

so does editing the physics work now?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

It's best to change one or two parameters and test, change two more and test again, etc. instead of doing wholesale edits. It's a pain but it'll be easier to figure out where the problems are.

Check who’s online