Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 on win7 crashes

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
neitronsucks
pedestrian

C2 on win7 crashes

Post by neitronsucks »

The topic pretty much says it.

Here are the screens of windows "error window". There are two of them.

As always, much appreciation for any tips guys! :smile:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: C2 on win7 crashes

Post by Toshiba-3 »

That's weird. Esp. the QuickTime bit. I guess C2 worked before?
If it isn't installed, have you tried installing QT to see if it's really related?
Just had a look here and even though QT isn't installed, C2 runs well (W7 64bit).

Which glide wrapper are you using btw? Try another one maybe.
You can also try with Vanilla C2 (bottom of this page), it just requires a glide wrapper.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
neitronsucks
pedestrian

Post by neitronsucks »

Yes, C2 worked on this comp before. It had no sound, I didnt used no glidewrappers, but that worked ok. About a month ago I uninstalled it, then installed anew couple weeks later and it wouldnt work since then. No major tweaks to the system, no stuff i installed I cant recall anything that would cause the problem. The system is Win7 32 bit if that matters...

The QT part -I uninstalled QT, which apparently affected pretty much nothing - only that second notification (pic above) doesnt pop up now.

And I still cant run the game. I installed Zeckensack glidewrapper (that version that is on your page) which give no result. Maybe I should try some others?

Vanilla C2 doesnt run either.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Damn, I hate when C2 does that... working perfectly on a comp, and then for no apparent reason just stops working.

Yes try with other glide wrappers: nGlide and/or dgVoodoo.
And btw do you launch the game via carma2.exe (the launcher) or directly with CARM2_HW.EXE ?
On Vista/7/8, the launcher shouldn't be used! :swink:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Damn, I hate when C2 does that... working perfectly on a comp, and then for no apparent reason just stops working.
Yeah, I'm still on XP so can't help with WIN7, but I had C2 stop working for me too after I had installed a BluRay DVD drive. I think the drivers that had to get installed did it. Anyway, I always used zeckensack's Glide wrapper but had to switch to dgVooDoo. So yeah, try some other ones.
neitronsucks
pedestrian

Post by neitronsucks »

Well, some progress at last :smile:
I managed to run the game via dgVoodoo. However, it's only possible to launch it through "carma2_HW" and not the launcher.
All in game stuff looks fine and the game doesnt crash, though I noticed that error message pops up every time I quit the game.

Check who’s online