Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The question of the century

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
SoupaVedg
motorised death

The question of the century

Post by SoupaVedg »

Errr, so, I had installed cars on C2, in fact I have 148 of 'em. Things went smooth, until yesterday, when I started playing again. It gave me a Carma HW.exe error. I didn't really knew why, but today I kinda lighten up and tried a smaller number of car and now it work. But my question is WHY did it work and now for no reasons at all, as I didn't add anything new to the game, the game decided now that there was too much cars? And is there a way to make it return to accept my car list?
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Re: The question of the century

Post by Lumberjack »

Hmm, there is some sort of restriction on the number of cars installed. Can't remember the exact number, but there are probs when there are say 50-80 cars, if you have more its ok. Only reason why I could imagine that would change is if its somehow hardware related, and you changed your computer specs. Anyway have more insight on this?
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Re: The question of the century

Post by SoupaVedg »

As I said, nothing's been changed on my computer, except some Windows update on security and stuff.

Though, when I looked around the saved file with only the 50 original cars, in some of the "save slots" I had things like "BILLBOARD MODEL" as a car name or part of some text from the game yet again as a car name.

So, my conclusion would be that if we add "too much" cars, they take the place of game data in the memory, thus when the game start it get confused, not knowing what to use, either the car or the text and therefore making the game crash.

The only question I have now, is why did the game crash now and not since the beginning?

I mean, if we take the needed memory space for text or map parts or other needed part for the game, why did it work in the beginning?

I don't think that it would be saving cars, as I don't even have 58 cars saved and the programers must have thought about the car saving slot.
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!

Check who’s online