Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Flashing black screen during race

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
TashitaFanatic
pedestrian

Flashing black screen during race

Post by TashitaFanatic »

Hi guys,

Decided to pick up C2 again for the SoD Definitive Edition mod... I have installed it completely seperate from the original Carmageddon 2 install, and it seems that during a race (in fact, just as the race starts), the screen will flash black multiple times until the race starts.

I tried using the dgVoodooSetup.exe file to try to fix the problem, but it still persists.

Computer specs if it helps:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.40 ghz

2048 MB DDR2 memory

Nvidia GeForce 8500GT (DDR2 memory/512 mb RAM)
The Outlaw
hit n run

Re: Flashing black screen during race

Post by The Outlaw »

It could be something to do with the glide wrapper try checking your settings,

if you don't use a glide wrapper than if you mess with the files in the data folder the game becomes unstable and more pron to glitches, It still flashes for me in my game but I find that it does not affect game play. I hope this helps
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
TashitaFanatic
pedestrian

Re: Flashing black screen during race

Post by TashitaFanatic »

Well, changing the resolution to "Set by the Application" seems to fix the black screen of doom. Now I cannot run in higher than 640x480, but this is only a minor issue.

Check who’s online