Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C1 and Splat Pack nocd exe, anyone has them?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
maxdamage
pedestrian

C1 and Splat Pack nocd exe, anyone has them?

Post by maxdamage »

I would love to play some Carma again, I reinstalled it recently and tried to configure it with dgVoodoo and VDMSound. It ran but the sound was glitchy and the game wasn't smooth, as expected. I gave up on this and simply used the -hires command with carm95.exe shortcut and it ran smooth and well, 640x480 is better than 320x240.

The problem is, I simply can't be arsed to use the CD every single time I want to play, plus its really noisy when its reading data out off it. I used to have a nocd patch so you wouldn't need the CD anymore, and another file for the Splat Pack. I have both original CDs that I bought back in 1996, but again, using the CDs every time you want to play its a pain in the ass.

Anyone still has those nocd files that im talking about? There is absolutely nothing on the net that I could find.

Cheers
Econobrick
Stucco

Re: C1 and Splat Pack nocd exe, anyone has them?

Post by Econobrick »

I'm not sure where to get said cd cracks off-hand, but you don't even need 'em anyway.

Read on?!

You can get any version of c1 / splat pack to run without a cd yourself just as easily.

-Copy everything from the cd that doesn't transfer over from the usual installation, and put it in the carma directory. (I think one of the key files is "data/keyboard.cok", if my memory serves)

-Then, make a folder like "c:\c1nocd". in it should be these files:

\carma.exe

\data\general.txt

\data\cutscene\(all of the cd's .SMK files)

(I forget if carma.exe is actually necessary to have in there, but it's there on this old installation i still have, and it couldn't hurt, in any case.)

-Finally, edit the data\paths.txt with carmagedit (or whatever, as that file's encrypted), and change the line that points to the cd drive to the new nocd directory instead.

I haven't done this in a while, but i'm pretty sure that's all there is to it, and it should work.
maxdamage
pedestrian

Post by maxdamage »

Just did that, and it still says "Please insert the Carmageddon CD".

Btw, there was no keyboard.cok file anywhere, only the Splat Pack CD has it. I tried including it, but same happens.

I finally got the meld working now, the problem was I didn't do the "IWANTTOFIDDLE" thing first. But now theres another problem: The original Eagle and Hawk cars are not showing up in the list, instead, I get the Eagle II and Hawk II repeated times.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Try Tosh's C1/Splat Pack melt.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk

Check who’s online