Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

How can I texture using Sketchup?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Kamikadze
driver

How can I texture using Sketchup?

Post by Kamikadze »

How can I texture with google Sketchup please? I know there are tutorials on youtube and sketchup was discussed here times before, but I haven´t found anything about what I need to do. I mean texture the same way like in plaything 2 - select faces, map texture and then edit it. In sketchup, I do this: I import my model to sketchup, select faces I want to texture, group them, texture them...and now, how can I edit the texture? Select and correct triangle by triangle? That would be madness, there must be better way. Anybody knows? Thanks a lot.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: How can I texture using Sketchup?

Post by Razor »

I'm going to let CoffeyCup answer this one, as I'm just on my way out.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Triangle by triangle. If you want to texture groups at one time you could project the texture like you do in CarEd.

But it can be a mix too. Some parts projected and others with the texture wrapped around surface.
Kamikadze
driver

Post by Kamikadze »

That´s what I don´t understand - projecting texture on more triangles. When you for example textured "big spoiler", you selected faces you want to texture and then what? Grouped them and used texture and then how have you corrected the texture to match how you wanted (resize, flip...)?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

There's Google tutorials for SketchUp on texturing

You don't select a bunch of faces and then try to texture all at once.

Start with one of the larger polys and position and size the texture based on that.

Then use eyedropper tool to grab the new sized/reposition texture and then paintbucket to fill in polys ONE AT A TIME.

Reposition again as needed.
Kamikadze
driver

Post by Kamikadze »

Yes! This works great, thanks a lot.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Texturing on Sketchup is incredibly easy once you get comfortable with the program and the way it works, you'll be able to fully texture entire cars and maps in no time at all. It's fun too.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk

Check who’s online