Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

My car with smashables into C2 = gamecrash

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
neitron
hit n run

My car with smashables into C2 = gamecrash

Post by neitron »

Hello everyone out there. Will be short.

Making a car with smashbles (windows and lights), done everything (imo) right, but the game crashes.

So, yes, i need anyone's useful advice.

thought a quick look might be the fastest solution so here's my stuff: http://depositfiles.com/files/a6msgyt5z

Car so far

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: My car with smashables into C2 = gamecrash

Post by Razor »

Do you get an error window of some sort? If so, what does it say?
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

It's easy and i told Razor this too, add any car's SCRN4.MAT to your car folder. This helps to let the windows break ingame, without it it won't work.
juozas
hit n run

Post by juozas »

Well it sometimes is easy to guess where error is... You should try to run game in software mode if it crashes in hardware with no message. If game shows an error in SW mode you should try to fix the problem in game or your car... If only hardware mode crashes you should try to find a problem by other means.

So if you got error message in sw mode, just copy it by pressing ctrl+c on message window and pasting to text editor to remove some junk. Then post it here.
Сделано в СССР
neitron
hit n run

Post by neitron »

@Razor: it doesn't read anything just crashes and thhat's that(

@TTR: doubt it's a scrn4 problem cause I have had it in already, but the game crashed.

@juozas: You mean restart windows in a safety mode? no, or restart the game via software settings?

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ya, I saw the "Can't find smash material sidewin" as well. But since I make bizarro vehicles that usually don't have doors - or glass, I didn't know what the fix was. One of these days I need to make a real car. :tongue:

Nietron: Nice vehicle BTW, be interested in seeing it finished. Is there a story behind it? Valentine? My Bloody Valentine?
juozas
hit n run

Post by juozas »

@juozas: You mean restart windows in a safety mode? no, or restart the game via software settings?
Yes i mean you nead to start game using software mode executable or through the louncher choose software mode (e.g. direct draw software). Look to the game dir you'll find carma2_sw.exe this is Software mode executable.
Сделано в СССР
neitron
hit n run

Post by neitron »

@Tosh - Thank you, you are very helpful. Will try it out. :smile:

@Coffey - Thanks) Well, it suppoised to be a kinda gift for my girlfriend on a valentine day.she has a thing about carma. Made it in 1 day before the day actually, then got stuck with the smashables. But i didnt actually screwed up, I made it with the frontwin smahable, so we had some fun anyway :grin:))

And juozas, thnaks too

Check who’s online