Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carma 2 crashes with a hex error when trying to race on the 3rd group of races

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Carma 2 crashes with a hex error when trying to race on the 3rd group of races

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

Here's the error....I need help:

coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Carma 2 crashes with a hex error when trying to race on the 3rd group of races

Post by coffeycup »

Those hex messages don't mean anything to me.

Let me consult my crystal ball....

Hmm, yes...I see something now..."Beelzebub.exe" isn't that Carm-Life 2 not C2?

Third rage group...let me guess, you clicked on Philips Island track?
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Re: Carma 2 crashes with a hex error when trying to race on the 3rd group of races

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

Nope,I believe I clicked on Commie Block. And yep,that is Carma-Life 2.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Commie Block runs fine on my copy of Carma Life 2. You sure you got the addon track installed right?
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

Yep, made it replace the rural track for group 3(forgot the name),but,it comes up with a different error for each race,commie block ends with 82,timber ends with 81,and home sweet groan ends with 80.

Plus I checked the races.txt file,it looks fine.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yeash, I don't know. If it's all 3 races in the group then it sounds like a problem with the RACES.TXT

Did the races in group 3 work before you started adding tracks?

Are you using Mapstockalypse to add tracks? If yes, I'd rename my RACES.TXT and then take a copy of RACES.OLD and rename it to RACES.TXT to go back to a previous version.
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

Tried the races.old renaming suggestion and even with all default tracks,it still crashes.....This is some crazy shit.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Meh, I'd just reinstall a fresh copy of CarmaLife
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

I don't wanna lose all my car-mods and such however...... :sad:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Well, you could backup your CARS folder and OPPONENT.TXT assuming those aren't in fact the problem. (which I doubt)
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

I reinstalled,put all the files from Carma II in and then installed my mods,and the game still crashes.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

This is my last response on this.

Reinstall Carma Life 2 Carma 2 whatever the heck it is you're having a problem with.

DO NOT put any addons - does it work?

THEN put addons - maybe just ONE for a test. - does it work?

Fixing problems like these is process of elimination and common sense.
juozas
hit n run

Post by juozas »

I guess something wrong with your game and/or windows installation. Reinstall windows (do clean install - save most required documents and files to clean flash drive and wipe hd), reinstall any program and/or driver from cd's and redownload other files.

If it would be still wrong it may be hardware problem.

p.s. try other glide wrapper if one doesn't work.

Edit: If it's addon problem try to install one than test it. It may be broken car, map or anything. Don't install all them at once. Use mapstock to install a track and carstock to install map. If addon you installed crashes game uninstall it and check where the problem may be.

Edit x2: Check if your pc memory is not faulty (use memtest86 or similar tool). Check if there are no file system errors; check for bad sectors too - it may be faulty HD too. If it is get a new one.
Сделано в СССР
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

I tried it on a clean copy of Carma II and it works fine,so its definitely the mods.
FirebirdsOwn
driver

Post by FirebirdsOwn »

nevermind,it was one of the sound mods...

Check who’s online