Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 Troubles now.....

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Reno
hit n run

C2 Troubles now.....

Post by Reno »

I gave up trying to get C1 to work on my Vista Ultimate 64 Machine so have now moved on to C2.

Well, it installed just fine (This is a Legit bought copy of C2 before anyone asks), after that I go to play it, intro movie comes up but no sound... hmmm... ok, I haven't played it for a long time, maybe thats how it was...... get to the main menu..... still no sound, I decide to continue on, set up my controlls, graphics etc and proceed to the first race..... still no sound but picture, controlls etc work just fine. This is without Glide Wrapper.

I download Glide Wrapper, use C2 settings that have been posted on here and proceed to start the game again but this time I just get a blank screen with no sound.

So I set compatability mode on to 98 and res to 640 x 480..... I try again with and without Glide Wrapper..... same thing happens again for both.

I download the XP/Vista Patch and try again with and without Glide Wrapper..... still the same problem.

I decide to try launching straight from the Carma_hw.exe..... Ahha! SOUND!..... but oh bollox..... No Picture, just a Blank Screen!..... Back to the drawing board.....

I then hear about 'Super Patch V2.0 so proceed to download and install it..... I try again with and without Glide Wrapper..... FFS! still the same problems either a Picture with No Sound or just Nothing at all but a Blank Screen!

This is where I'm at as I post this, I've tried all the above and none of it worked :sad:

Any other suggestions?
crash
hit n run

Re: C2 Troubles now.....

Post by crash »

I had this same problem some time ago (in fact, I started a thread back then). Just run the Carma2_HW.exe directly instead of carma2.exe. It doesn't matter what resolution or other settings you set up in your glide wrapper. It should run with sound fine just from the HW.exe.
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

I've tried that, I get Sound but no Picture, just a Blank Screen.
crash
hit n run

Post by crash »

I missed that part of your first post :oops: What glide wrapper are you using?
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper
crash
hit n run

Post by crash »

That's the one I'm using... Not quite sure what could be wrong. Maybe try dgvoodoo, if not that then maybe it's something with the way DirectX works with your video card when running C2. I'm sure there are other members of the CWA forum that know better than I do :tongue:
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Tried dgvoodoo and still no go :sad:

Check who’s online