Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C1 16bit - 32bit?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Reno
hit n run

C1 16bit - 32bit?

Post by Reno »

I posted a topic a while ago about trying to even get C1 to install on my Vista Ultimate 64 PC, I tried everything, DosBox, Virtual PC etc etc and had no luck so was wondering.... Is it possible to Convert the C1 Installer from 16bit to 32bit? Would it take alot of work?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Reno
hit n run

Re: C1 16bit - 32bit?

Post by Reno »

Just downloaded the C1 + SP and installed to my folder, got D3Dwindower, added the CARMA95.exe, replicated the settings shown on your page, hit play and then the computer icon to run it but I get a 'Carmageddon Fatal Error' 'Unable to setup DirectDraw - Please check that DirectX is installed'

:sad:
juozas
hit n run

Post by juozas »

Don't get what is a problem. It could be

1. It may be incompatible with OS you using. If you use Vista it's a problem. Try to (re)install DirectX (download from microsoft site).

2. If you use warez version that can be also problem. There are lot of broken versions so don't trust it. Check for viruses also. And last thing i don't think we are allowing to talk about that.

3. If you downloaded legally (payed for it) or buyed the cd that's ok.
Сделано в СССР
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

It's none of those problems, on machines running Vista with a ATi videocard Carma will run, however machines with a NVidia videocard it doesn't and you get that error. NVidia doesn't support very old? directdraw anymore or soso. Anyway i did get it running though with the D3DWindower and i myself have got NVidia.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

I just tried Closing D3Dwindower and opening it again but I still get the same message :confused:

Check who’s online