Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Help!!!

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Help!!!

Post by Razor »

Okay i have a problem, its just happened twice.

When i quit C2 the screen goes black with small lines down it and i have nothing but a cursor.

I am using dgvoodoo because i prefer it to zeckenhacks but i dont know which is better to use, i used to use zeckenhacks (i don't care how it's spelled!).

Oh yeah, i do have both dgvoodoo and zeckenwhatevers glide wrapper installed, i have never had trouble until a few minutes ago, are there any prefered settings on dgvoodoo (that if changed cause the game to malfunction) that i should know of?

i cant play it because it dont wanna have to restart my pc everytime ive finished, i have carmageddon withdrawal symtoms.

(ignore my spelling)

EDIT: Tried it just all i got was a black screen with parts of the C2 background (on the menu) randomly placed on the screen.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: Help!!!

Post by Razor »

I just re-installed C2demo and got this error when starting it up.

I miss my carmageddon! :sad:

If you want to know the spec for the pc i'm currently using, it's:

Intel P4 - 1399MHz

384Mb RAM

Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4600

XP Pro SP2

(i've never had this problem with the demo or full game)
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: Help!!!

Post by Razor »

Sorry for the spam but i managed to get a picture of what happens when i quit C2.

This is what happens:

But the computer seems to act like its back to the desktop, like when i press ALT+F4 and then press the Return key, the computer goes on stand by, then if i turn it back on from standby, everything is back to normal as if nothing ever happened....

It's really annoying, help? =]

(Maybe a system restore would help?)

EDIT: I've just done a system restore (back to 30/7/08, before i changed anything) and installed the C2demo again, i get thew same error as before but if i run it under Direct 3d it runs fine.

I just ran C2 under direct 3d, when i quit it the screen went black with the lines across, then went black and back to the desktop with no problems.

EDIT2: Just ran it under 3dfx (glide) and i get this. :lol:

C2 windowed? Well, not really, as soon as you click it goes full screen but at the moment it seems to quit without problems.

Check who’s online