Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Installing Carma 1 on Vista Ultimate 64??

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Reno
hit n run

Installing Carma 1 on Vista Ultimate 64??

Post by Reno »

Hey, I'm having Real trouble trying to Install C1 on my PC which is running Vista Ultimate 64, for starters the CD/Installer doesn't Auto Launch (and yes it's a legit retail CD) it just wants to play the music so I have to Explore the CD and Click the Installer But Everytime I click the Installer it throws up a box saying:

"The version of this file is not compatible with this version of Windoes you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher"

I've tried All the Installers on the CD and all do the same. Now I figured there may be problems due to how old the game is but whats odd is the 'Dark Angel' aka DA or however you know him has Vista Ultimate 64 aswell but his C1 installed just fine! Though he did say his was the Maxpack version of the game but I can't see the compatability being any different.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Reno.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: Installing Carma 1 on Vista Ultimate 64??

Post by TTR »

Getting a warez version of C1 isn't a real trouble, just search C1 on torrents, most ones i got were max pack versions (which i then didn't need as i have that one).
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Been trying a search everyday so far and not 1 result for Carma 1 Max Pack from torrents, mirc, ftp and a few other resorces :sad:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Reno
hit n run

Post by Reno »

Right, I've actually managed to get hold of the Max Pack off ebay, tried installing it straight onto vista just incase the installer etc was 32bit on this version instead of 16bit but still got the same errors so have tried Dosbox but no luck and have tried Virtual PC 2007 with my old legit Win98 SE on it which appeared to work as it all installed but when I went to play it, it only displays the left half of the screen :confused: so I still can't play it. Any Ideas?

Check who’s online