Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

"Help the Noob" "MAYDAY" BRender error: Unable to allocate Front Main Screen

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Cnoteck
pedestrian

"Help the Noob" "MAYDAY" BRender error: Unable to allocate Front Main Screen

Post by Cnoteck »

I am running XP SP2 on a comp with 1.8 ghz 256mem Ati radeon xpress graphics card with glide wrapper & I keep getting this error I have searched this site everywhere I'm a noob to the site But I used to play the games carma1 & 2 on an older machine,I can't get carma2 to run. I have downloaded CL2and get the same error. Game works some time with the directdraw but freezes when race is completed or or I run out of time. I Can't get the voodoo wrapper to work properly. Does .rar have anything to due with the way I extract the voodoo wrapper in to the game. Help the noob on the block!!! :help: :help: I have re-installed all and same error. carma1 works in dos but it's ugly graphs. :supercrazy: :supermad: I need :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
Jon606
hit n run

Re: "Help the Noob" "MAYDAY" BRender error: Unable to allocate Front Main Screen

Post by Jon606 »

I have this exact same problem, and you only needed to look a few posts down...
Cnoteck
pedestrian

Re: "Help the Noob" "MAYDAY" BRender error: Unable to allocate Front Main Screen

Post by Cnoteck »

I have tried every thing, booth glide wrappers individually and together' right cicking .exe files. Installing game under win 95/98 compatibility mode, tried carma_hw and carma_sw same error. drivers are up to date. Checked out your site S.O.D pretty cool I will register as soon as I can get this game running and dowload some of the stuff your site has to offer but for now I just want to Playyyyyyyy. I dont care about graphics, Just want to start game and playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :mad: :confused:
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

For S.O.D., you just need to download the glide wrapper and v3.2 and you're ready to play!

I've never had the front screen problem with S.O.D.

Do you have a C2 MOD already installed (C2 Advanced, Carma-Life, etc.)?
Cnoteck
pedestrian

Post by Cnoteck »

Yes I have the CL2 MOD from Tosh's installed and it does not work either. I am going to try S.O.D's Look eleswhere. :suicide:
humanodd
mechanic

Post by humanodd »

dude, did u try dgvoodoo(google it for urself)
Cnoteck
pedestrian

Post by Cnoteck »

Yes and that did not work. However I tried a wrapper called Glidos (google it) and every thing worked out fine. Now I am trying to get CL2 to get past the same error,& to get C1 to work in HIRES. I have typed CD\intrplay\carma\carma HIRES & it still plays low res graphics. :cool: :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: Thanx's All who checked out my problem and extra thanx for thoes who replied. Now on to problem #2 C1 Hires &CL2 running. Running XP.
crayzkirk
pedestrian

Post by crayzkirk »

You need to use the "-hires" flag...

Also, Carmageddon 1 comes with a Windows 95 version that seems to work fine on my XP SP2 machine...

CK
Cnoteck
pedestrian

Post by Cnoteck »

How do I use the "-hires" flag on carma 1

Check who’s online