Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Problem with add-on tracks for C2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mirage
pedestrian

Problem with add-on tracks for C2

Post by Mirage »

I have found some add-on tracks for C2 at Wasted!. I downloaded them and put them into the game. First time everything was fine.

However, I decide to remove them and play with built-in tracks. I did it and started the game. The screen went black like it's loading the game, but then a message 'Carma2_hw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close' appears. The only option is 'close'. And then I'm back in the system.

I had similar problem with add-on cars. Then I deinstalled and then installed the game back on my system and then everything went fine.

Please tell me what should I do to avoid this and play the game properly with and without add-on tracks.
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Re: Problem with add-on tracks for C2

Post by Qwerty_86 »

You should make a backup of races.txt before modifying it. That way you can swap that file back in if it gets too bad.

Check who’s online