Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

It's a PT2 thing

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
neitron
hit n run

It's a PT2 thing

Post by neitron »

things sometimes don't work right as it should. Many words were said about PT2 and it's annoying bugs, and i'd like to add some from myself. OK, 2 things:

1. It's about reflection effect in Plaything. I did everything like it was written by Mad Maxine to get the reflections on my car body. The game replied to this by doing some crazy sh*t with car wheels. They are out of the body and roll the full circle when the car drives.

2. It's about the bounding shapes. I load ASC, click the button to create the shapes, and... the menu don't pop up.

If you know how to get rid of these bugs, reply please.
neitron
hit n run

Re: It's a PT2 thing

Post by neitron »

Holy sh*t!!! :eek:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Did you make a backup of your original CarEd files?

If so, take the .ACT from the CarEd version and overwrite the one that PT2 made.

I think that will fix it.
neitron
hit n run

Post by neitron »

Ok, thanks, I will try this.
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

As far as PT2 is concerned, CarEd generates the wheel setup in a very strange way. Some C2 models (I believe) still have the old C1-style centralised wheel thing and the txt file sets it all up properly in game. When you see the model you'll be scratching your head initially! So anyway the point is that this 'issue' can be fixed by resetting the centre and offset etc of the wheels. I think that's in the mechanics section of the car.txt file...
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

However, in C2 this problem as neitron showed it, is usually caused when there's more than one model in a car's folder that has fl,fr,rl,rrwheels setup.

Example: Shitcake.act, .dat, .mat, .sdf has its wheels set up...

suppose I make a backup of these files and put said backup stuff within that same folder, when I run the game, the game will somehow detect the copy in such a way that it messes up the wheels of the original car. Just move any backups etc out of the folder and it should work properly.

Unless of course, he doesn't have any extra files in there to begin with! in which case...?!
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Hmm I didn't know about that. But I've definitely seen these wheel issues before. Funny enough, I seem to most vividly remember that problem when I tried to put my Mini into C1. I'm sure it was solved by messing with wheel positions in the car.txt. I guess just try and see..

By the way, TSS seems to not have a tutorial on setting up wheels in PT2. I've forgotten how it works, so if someone remembers please let me know.

Check who’s online