Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Creating interface image.

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Dalags177
driver

Creating interface image.

Post by Dalags177 »

hi

does anybody know how to create interface images for cars on carma2/SOD ?

ive been taking screenshots of the car and resizing them and putting them into the appropiat folder in the intrface/carimage/CI folder but had no luck.

is there a way to make a car image ?

heres a link to the car without the car image that i want to create .

click here

(also if you made the car can you tell me please because the car maker is unknown)

thanks in advance :smile:

coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Creating interface image.

Post by coffeycup »

You have CarEd? Go to Tools>> Create Menu Images

CarEd Tutorial:

2.7 THE FINAL TOUCH

You will now want to add your car and drivers picture to the car selection menu of the game.

Start off by creating a 64x64 pixel TIF image of your driver and a 192x128 pixel TIF image of your

car. Again, these TIF images should be uncompressed 24 bit color images. It is important to name

the 192x128 pixel car image <carname>.TIF and the 64x64 pixel driver image <drivername>.TIF.

Run CarEd and select the Tools - Create Menu Images from the main menu. A dialog will pop up

allowing you to select a TIF file. Choose one of the images you just created and CarEd will spit out

a .PIX file for your image. If you choose the 192x128 pixel car image, CarEd will produce 6 .PIX

files. Repeat this process for the other image, then copy all of the .PIX files CarEd generated into

a directory under the base Carmageddon II directory that should look something like this:

carma2\data\intrface\carimage\<carname>CI\PIX16 If all goes well, the next time you run

Carmageddon II, you should see your car and drivers menu images appear in the car selection

menu.

crash
hit n run

Post by crash »

That's something I messed with for a couple hours last night. I got my car image to work but when i tried the driver image the same exact way (64x64) it wouldn't show. I dropped it into the carimage folder with the car's menu image... :suicide: Just to make sure I just made 2 images exactly as you said, the car image 192x128 and the driver image 64x64. Processed them with CarEd, dropped them into carimage\(carname)CI. The car menu image came out fine but the driver image didn't display at all. :confused:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

You name it correctly? It has a "64" in the name? drivername64.pix

Then in the opponent .txt edit the first two entries for driver name and pix to use

<pre>[font class="small">code:[/font]<hr>

// Opponent

Bud Weiser //Name that displays

bud //name of pix minus the 64 (bud64.pix)

BEER WAGON //Car Name that displays

4 // Strengnth rating (1-5)

22450 // Cost to buy it

all // Network availability ('eagle',or 'all')

BEERWAGON.TXT // vehicle filename

//vehicle description

TOP SPEED: 160 MPH

WEIGHT: .5 TON

0-60MPH: 3 sec

Bud's a mean drunk and he's got plenty of beer. So, stay out of his way!

</pre><hr>

crash
hit n run

Post by crash »

Oh ok. I didn't know the pix name had to match the driver name in the menu. I should've known tho (DUH) As soon as I get that fixed and add another part to the model I'll email my model to you to upload on your site. Thanks man

Check who’s online