Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Add-on cars

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Add-on cars

Post by coffeycup »

Not sure what you're saying there. I said to not use Carstockalypse at all. See my post above. I don't know any other way to explain it.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

OK, Mebbe I was unclear about where to start from. It sounds like you're manually putting the zipped car files into the main C2 folder first. That won't work. (As in copying "78sunbird.zip straight into the main C2 directory and unzipping it from there-which WILL work as long as you unzip the zipfile to the proper destination, which would be the same place the zipfile is unzipped from then which just pollutes your C2 folder with unnecessary stuff.).

What ya gotta do is open Winzip and find yer downloaded car zip file and where winzip says "change destination folder", change it from "C:\unzipped" to C:\Program Files\Interplay\Carmageddon II Carpocalypse Now".

See? You want to unzip the file directly to the main C2 folder because the zip file is usually already packed so when you unzip it to the main C2 folder-all the subfolders and car info files go to the right places.

That way the cars' .c2c file (which Carstock looks for) is in the main C2 folder and Carstock will then display the car name in the left window for ya. If the .c2c file is anywhere else-Carstock won't see it and won't display it.

You can also add the new car manually like Coffey says, but ya gotta know where each subfolder and file goes ahead of time and how to edit the opponent.txt.

Once the car is properly unzipped, the C2 directory should open up to show ya where the files went (and you should also have Carstock in the main C2 folder as well), just find the carstock icon and open it up and the new car(s)'ll be there.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

heh, I was assuming he was unzipping the files into their proper place.

My suggestion was to edit the OPPONENT.TXT manually and not use Carstockalypse. :smile:

Dave
pedestrian

Post by Dave »

Ok

I've done the things like you said Deep Blue.

I used the winzip and chose the 78sunbird.zip to unzip.

Than I changed the folder's name (select different folder) to C:\Program Files\Carmageddon 2 Carpockalypse Now

Than I clicked the unzip now button and run the carstockalypse.

In the left side (installed cars) figured the 78sunbird car.

I tried to go with it in the game but I could not find anywhere.

* I could not find that Interplay folder in the Program Files.

But the stand is better than few weeks ago.

Deep Blue thanks the instructions and if you can help eg. where can I find the interplay folder or anything else please write.

Thanks.

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

:rofl:
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

erm, that was just an example. Only the American version installs to an Interplay folder in Program Files. And nevermind the 78sunbird bit, as that's also an example! It's just the example car's folder name. (Namely the '78 Pontiac Sunbird I made)

Use the existing directory where Carma2's installed on your computer and extract the zip file there...'nuff said! Or is it?
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, right?!

OK Dave....I'm assuming that you chose the default install path when you first installed C2.

If you DID then everything should've worked as planned. Did ya say that you found the 78 Sunbird in the (left window) available cars list in Carstock? If you did, all you gotta do is click the car's name and then click the arrow that points towadrs the installed cars list and hit "OK" and yer good to go. The car should now be in the game's cars menu (at the end of all the default cars, of course...).

If ya didn't install C2 in the default path, ya need to go huntin' for the "Carmageddon II Carpocalypse Now" folder... (This is why it pays to pay attention to where shit ends up goin', dig? :wink: )

Find that and make sure carstockalypse.exe lives there and that all your new cars get unzipped to that folder and all should be well. All the recent add on cars are zipped so that the directory structure is correct as long as the cars are unzipped to the base C2 folder.

Failing that, ya can always do like Coffey says and unzip the car's zipfile to somewhere else and pick individually the pieces out of each folder and place them individually in it's respective game folder and manually edit the opponent.txt to reflect the new car. Just remember to change the total opponents number at the top. (and that the first opponent is #0).
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Dave
pedestrian

Post by Dave »

Thanks Deep Blue

It works well!! :beer:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

I almost posted: ...and if you fail after that, better not use computers anymore eh. :grin:
crash
hit n run

Post by crash »

You should also know that when you do end up adding the car, you have to wait for it to appear in a race, waste it and buy it before you'll see it in the game's car selection screen where you have all your other cars.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

...Unless he's already finished the game, in which case he'll already have them. And any others upon adding them to the opponent.txt
Dave
pedestrian

Post by Dave »

Hello everybody

I've downloaded some new cars to send them into the game.

They work well and showed in the game. (Econobrick's and the other's car makers cars are great)

They showed in the opponents list too.

But some of them were not figured in the game as opponents.Eg.P30van,Carrerasaur..

Or later they will show? Because they're in the opponents list.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Not sure what you mean by "But some of them were not figured in the game as opponents"

Add-on cars appear as opponents randomly in the races.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

Truth! But their strength rating in the opponent.txt does has some effect on this. Not much though, as indeed "tough" cars will appear early in the game sometimes...but others are almost never seen unless you pick a race in one of the last 2 or 3 groups.

Check who’s online