Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

dgvoodoo Resolution problem

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Seanstex
pedestrian

dgvoodoo Resolution problem

Post by Seanstex »

Hello, I've been using dgvoodoo(latest release) for Carmageddon 2; I tried using Zackenhacks glidewrapper in hopes of a higher resolution, didn't work. Anyway... dgvoodoo sorta works.

What happens is that I can't set a resolution higher than 1024x768 within dgvoodoo. my desktop res is set to 1280x1024. If I start C2 in window mode with "let the application decide" it looks really nice. If it's in any other resolution, fullscreen or window it looks like crap. I want it to look pretty in fullscreen at a higher resolution.

I'm on:

Win XP SP2

Using:

Geforce 2 MX 400 (I know... my Radeon 9800 XT just recently died on me).

1 gig Ram

If you have any thoughts and/or suggestions please let me know.

Also, when it's in window mode sometimes the textures of cars, peds, roads flicker on and off and change their textures to another texture? lol :help:
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: dgvoodoo Resolution problem

Post by coffeycup »

Hi and welcome.

This site is mainly for modders and modellers to show off and share their work for this nearly decade-old game.

The fact that the game is so editable is what has kept the Carma community and this board going for so long.

There are many posts regarding dgvoodoo. Please start with the search feature this site offers.

Searching on the keyword dgvoodoo will get you these results

Search on on 'dgvoodoo resolution' will get you these

note: I get the best results using "And" for Search Options and "All" for Date Range.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: dgvoodoo Resolution problem

Post by TTR »

I'm assuming it's your ancient videocard you are using atm. Also check if it doesn't have any other videodrivers installed/or have some stuff left behind which can cause conflicts.

Oh and it's "Zeckenzack's"

Check who’s online