Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Lots of problems in C1

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
3xCombo
pedestrian

Lots of problems in C1

Post by 3xCombo »

Hi all,

Let me first introduce myself,I'm Wes(sel), i live in the Netherlands, i've bin a Carmageddon fan since the first game,and i own them all(Incl. splatpack etc. etc.). Ok, so here's my problem:

I haven't play c1 for awhile,so i installed it on my new pc, after i launcht it i saw that the screen is way to far to the right(Of the screen) and i couldn't adjust it. I also tried other resolutions and Windows 95 mode etc. I also noticed that the timer goed way to fast,like 2/3 sec instead of 1 sec. Also,i want to run the game in hires mode, does this also work with the Windows 95 instal? I tried the command -hires but i didn't work. Also,i can't control the sound panel, does this only work in dos mode, or do i need a better soundcard?

Specs:

Ati Radeon X600Pro

1024 DDR ram

Amd prosessor 2800+ or something like that.

Hp 19' flatpanel monitor.

I hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

Wes.
3xCombo
pedestrian

Re: Lots of problems in C1

Post by 3xCombo »

I'm really getting pisst of now,i tried everything,installed the dos version etc. etc.

I did the Voodoo glide thing install etc. etc. and when i solve 1 problem,2 come back! :suicide:

I think i will give up,and when i want to play carma 1,i must build a time machine first to go back to 1997 and buy i pc there. :sad: Well,i'll wait till someone put a fully modded .torrent up orsomething to run on Xp.
3xCombo
pedestrian

Post by 3xCombo »

Ok,here's a list with the problems:

When i run Carmav.exe it couldn't find the keyboard.cok,i browsed this forum and my problem was fixed.

But when i launched Carmav.exe is couldn't find the Smoke.pix.

The second problem is that the keyboard and the mouse are lagging like hell,i can't controll my car,because half of the time the keyboard doesn't respond.(This is ONLY in Carmageddon,so it isn't my keycoard/mouse) Also,the counter goed way to fast, yes, i saw the other topic,but i don't get the part where you must locate carmageddon etc.?!

And i can't get the ''-hires'' command to work.

Also,i can make the screen smaller with ''-'' but i can't make it bigger with ''+''.

And in the Windows version,when i select the 3rd person view the counter goes 3 times to fast,and when i select the cockpitcam it goes like normal...

I run both the dos/windows versions of carmageddon(full install) and as far i know the windows version is less buggy,but the downside is that the screen goes of my monitor and it isn't ajustable=(

Please someone,help me,cuze i'm dieing to squas some peds'!

Wes.
3xCombo
pedestrian

Post by 3xCombo »

So, its allmost a year since is posted this treath, and not 1 reply! :sad:

I bought a new videocard.

The only problem left, is the timer that goes way to fast!

Also, i want to run the game in hires, but when i click on ''properties'' on carma95, there isn't really a space with ''programfiles/games/carmageddon/carma95.exe'', i just says ''carma95''.

So people, PLEASE help me out! :suicide:
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

create a shortcut to carma95.exe. that way, it'll have the full path in it. then just add -hires to that!

there's no real fix for that timer problem...it just comes about on modern computers. on my last computer, the timer ran too fast when played in the normal resolution but since -hires required more resources etc, it ran at the proper speed in that mode. On my current comp, however, it always runs too fast regardless...I guess the comp has too many INTERNETS / MEGAHURTZ LOLLER. :B
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Or just type in ibetyoucanprintcunt while playing (don't move and type the letters with a max 2 seconds delay) when you got it right it would say cheats enabled or so and then press F8 to stall the timer :smile:
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

Yeah, but the timer doesn't seem to be the only problem when the game runs like that...everything feels a little "off". Seems to me like the cars don't move at the speed they're supposed to. If anything, they're slower than normal (despite what the speedometer reads)

and other such oddities...!
kemo
pedestrian

Post by kemo »

see this is exactly like what I said... its as if you are playing with a tank... when you jump it just floats, when you steer, it takes forever to move!

If you think this is bad, try the 2nd game! I do not know what all the hype is about anymore.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

Well, I've been playing c2 for almost 10 years now...!?
kemo
pedestrian

Post by kemo »

Good for you!

i have absolutely no clue how people can play it... let alone have the patience to play something that is so incredibly slow. I'm just happy to see that I'm not the only one who thought that everything seems so unreasonably slow.

I registered to see if I was the only one, and I'm glad its not my computer, its just the game... un-installed it goes!

I finally understand why Carma 4 will never be completed lol.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

LOOOOL :lol: :lol: just check your other thread pal, you just give up too soon.

:suicide:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

It's a ten year old game. You're missing the whole point. Go play your Xbox.
3xCombo
pedestrian

Post by 3xCombo »

OH MY GOD!

It works PERFECTLY!

Thank you guys sooooo much!

Its the first time i played it in hires, and its so, beutifull, brings back so many bloody carmageddon memories.

Thanks guys! Now i'm gonna splash some grannies to my windscreen!

THANKS FROM HOLLAND ALL YOU GUYS!=D=D=D xD !!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Erm thanks back from Holland too?? :tongue:

Check who’s online