Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 Sound on Vista

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
crash
hit n run

C2 Sound on Vista

Post by crash »

Hey all, I just bought a brand new machine that has Vista Home Pro and I can't get the sound to work. Did anyone else have this problem?
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: C2 Sound on Vista

Post by TTR »

Start C2 from the c2_hw.exe and it shall work! :grin: but you should have installed zeckenzacks glidewrapper and set the compability mode to windows 98. D3D is selected which doesn't work on Vista, or well not for me anyway.

Seems the launcher exe from C2 kills the sounds when running hardware mode (d3d or 3dfx) from that.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Try PMing TTR. He's running Vista.

I got a new machine too, but made them ship it with XP
crash
hit n run

Post by crash »

coffeycup, I don't blame you for having them ship it with XP. If I had a choice I would've done the same... My temp lapper I'm on now has XP but my lapper in service and my home machine both run Vista, altho I don't have any problems running C2 on the Vista lapper.

TTR, thanks man. I hadn't installed the glide wrpper yet on the new machine, so I'll give it a go tonight. And if that doesn't work I'll try the carma_hw.exe trick.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

You need both glidewrapper and run the carma2_hw.exe! Sorry if i wasn't clear enough :grin:

Coffey? Better wait 'til Vista SP1 then..you need it though for newer games (DX10) I know i know, we're double crossed...

I, myself, don't have too much problems..
crash
hit n run

Post by crash »

Gotcha dude, thanks. :cool:
crash
hit n run

Post by crash »

I've installed the wrapper and now C2 won't run no matter what LOL I even uninstalled the wrapper... Time for the good ol' restore lol
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Did you set the c2_hw.exe to windows 95/98 compability? and run c2_hw.exe itself? (with the glidewrapper installed) If so...strange..

Maybe try dgvoodoo..
crash
hit n run

Post by crash »

Thing is that when I was running it before without the sound it started fine, played fine, etc. etc. with the 2000/XP patch. But I had the trouble after I installed it. Yea, I know it's strange, but look at the O.S. it's running on LOL :tongue:

Check who’s online