Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon 2: Minimap is in a strange place

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Jonas
pedestrian

Carmageddon 2: Minimap is in a strange place

Post by Jonas »

I have Windows 2000 so I had to do some fixes to make Carmageddon 2 work in my PC. I did a blood patch, zombie patch and a CD-crack. Now it works, the resolution is fine, but the resolution for my mouse isn't. I could navigate without my mouse using my arrow keys perfectly though. But I can't buy a new car... I don't seem to be able to navigate to the "Buy" button with my keyboard...

What I did was I started Carma 2 in software mode, now my mouse is using the full screen, but the graphics were awefull. I played one race with these graphics and bought a new car. Now I play the regular way again, but my minimap moved to the center of my screen. It seems like it is in the correct place for 640 x 480 resolution, but not for mine (1280 x 1024). So is there any way to move the minimap again? I saw some settings in .TXT files in the folder Data, but I don't know which one changes the minimap place. In the OPTIONS.TXT file there is a line with:

MapRenderX 80.000000

MapRenderY 400.000000

That sounds like something to do with it, I don't know. Maybe someone knows about this problem?

coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Carmageddon 2: Minimap is in a strange place

Post by coffeycup »

Welcome to the board. But please make use of the wonderful search function this site provides

There's already numerous threads related to this issue...for example:

Glidewrapper settings
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Press shift then use the arrow keys (the ones that alter the camera angles) to move the mini map on screen.

About the mouse beeing captured in a small spot, right click on carma2.exe and go to the properties, then on the compability tab you can set the program to run in 640x480...check that and then run C2...it helped a few people :smile:
Jonas
pedestrian

Post by Jonas »

The point is that I have Windows 2000 instead of XP, so I don't have the Compatibility Modes and Glidewrapper won't fully work.

I'll try the shift + arrow keys.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Oooh right...then follow Coffey's links to the correct glidewrapper setup, i think that worked too...

Check who’s online