Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TDR and geforce 6600GT

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
mInImaL
pedestrian

TDR and geforce 6600GT

Post by mInImaL »

may be my system is too fast for this game,I dont know!

when I start the game it stucks all the time!

do you know this phenomen?can anyone help me?which settings are best for this game?

system:

AMD 64 X2 3800

6600GT

thx
Wolverine
hit n run

Re: TDR and geforce 6600GT

Post by Wolverine »

Hiya,

It is JUST TDR that has this problem?

Your system should be able to eat up TDR real easy even at MAX settings imo. As for the stuttering? Make sure you have got all up to date forceware drivers, motherboard chipset etc. Stopping and starting can in some cases be down to a hardware conflict, so pull out the plugs for anything you don't need and if you really want to, remove all internal cards except for Video of course. Re-install each device until you find the one that is causing the problem.

If it's just TDR though, it's unlikely that you need to go to all this trouble. Try different compatibility modes, disable sound, lower screen resolution/detail, close cpu hogging programs, virus scan. Basically eliminate all possibilities.

I do know that TDR did not like my hyperthreading P4, and i did have to use compatibility mode... It might be worth trying that since you have a dual-core.

I for one have not had stuttering in TDR so i cannot give you a direct answer i merfraid.

James.

mInImaL
pedestrian

Post by mInImaL »

it is not that the game stucks like it happens if your system is too slow, it´s more like a ...dont know how to describe...well there´s a dsiplay probleme, wired things are going one..so if he ask me to choose a chipset theres only the geforce 2 listed, which one should I choose? deafult? which compatibility mode?

is it necessary to dl the patches?any special settings?because there is shown direct 3D using directX7, and I have 9.0c, does this cause problems?shouldn´t I guess!

hmm
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

All future DirectX's support previous ones, so 9c has 7 within it and shouldn't affect anything.

Can you post a picture of the "wired" thingies? and you mean theres a lag in the screen while playing?

It does sounds awfully like theres a conflict with some background program, have you tried anything Wolverine said?

Can you be really specific about your problem? The better you tell us the better we can help.
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Hello again,

By "Chipset" i meant getting the chipset drivers for your motherboard from the manufactures website. However, if you are getting graphical errors like wireframes etc. it would suggest that there are compatibility problems with the Video Driver (Forceware) that you are using and TDR2000. Visit www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers and see if that helps. Turn off any AA (Antialiasing) and Filtering that are shown in the Forceware control panel and determine if any settings might be triggering the problem. You will find these in your desktop properties and in the windows control panel.

If you have overclocked your video card or system, return it to default speeds.

As always it would be recommended to install the latest game patches. Make sure you have the Nosebleed Patch (European versions) or US Minipatch for US versions. You can get them from http://tdr2k.gamingsource.net/momv3/tdr2000_files.php
drkgeek
pedestrian

Post by drkgeek »

Zomg! thats my Video card! D:

I've been having problems with runing Missions... I'm at the first level, when I try to launch "Send in the sharks" I get a Direct x error.
drkgeek
pedestrian

Post by drkgeek »

Edit: I can play missions in software mode... lol
batfink
pedestrian

Post by batfink »

i have found using tdr on many different pcs and configurations that the problems, mainly direct x errors but many ather types also are nothing to do with the windows version or direct x version or graphics/chipset drivers but the game simply does not work properly or even at all on any graphics cards later than geforce 3, hope this clears things up for eveyone

Check who’s online