Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Another Non-Carma question...

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Junkpile
mindless

Another Non-Carma question...

Post by Junkpile »

But, this question is being asked for a friend...

Are there any decent & free programs out there for converting video formats? Specifically, he needs to be able to convert his videos to a Divx (?) format so that he can burn them to DVD. Any help would be appreciated. :wink:
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Dark Angel
angelus

Re: Another Non-Carma question...

Post by Dark Angel »

he doesnt need to convert videos to burn them to dvd, nero converts pretty much anythig to dvd format before it burns. other than that, ive found WinAVIVideoConverter does the job.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Thanks. He says that his system is requiring that he have a specific format in order to properly encode a DVD that can be watched on any DVD player. He can create video CD's out of his files. But, these will only play on certain players, supposedly. I'll have him try WinAVIVideoConverter & see where that leads...
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

there is only one dvd format (ntsc or pal, doesnt matter), if a dvdplayer doesnt play it then its either the dvdr's he's using or the dvd player doesnt play dvdrs.

if nero doesnt recognise the videos as videos to start with he should be able to get it to work with a codec pack, such as k lite.

Check who’s online