Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

CarEd is screwed now..

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Alan
Honkey

CarEd is screwed now..

Post by Alan »

Hello! On the 4th of July I took a break from using cared in the afternoon. In the evening I went back to use it and it didnt work. The DOS screen would load, then the left cared window would start to load and it would freeze there. I figured I'd just reinstall cared! I downloaded the java files from the appropriate sites and now when I click the cared icon, the DOS window flashes on super fast and disappears and thats it. Also no site that uses Java works now, you just get the little white box with red X in the middle! I normally would just say oh well and give up but I'm working on 2 nice cars at the moment.. :supermad: Anyone??
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Re: CarEd is screwed now..

Post by SoupaVedg »

I'm not really good at tech problems and all that stuff, but did you just thought about uninstalling all the java stuff then reinstall it?

Also, CarEd supposely work better with older versions of the java stuff (I don't remember the version tho). So, maybe find those versions to make CarEd work...

Hope that help.
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

I'm not sure how I'd uninstall the java stuff, doesnt windows need that to work? I got the same java files I had before, to the best of my knowledge...
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

not sure if this might help or not, but theres a file called "recent" that may have befome corrupt

or some other problem, i've attached mine if you care to take a look at it... just make a back

up of the original on :wink:
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Thanks! I tried it but still no good..
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

I one had car-ed change where it was looking for java at once, and yeah you can un-install the java

runtime files, you dont need them to run windows. if you did that would be pretty

damn stupid. did you try un-installing java?
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Last night I uninstalled the java files. I havent tried anything else yet. I Does anyone have the EXACT 2 java file URL's needed for cared 1.13?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

It's done it again! I had the damn thing working, went to use it yesterday, shut off as it was moving too slowly, went to start it again and I get this: Image

What the hell! I have changed nothing!! :supermad: :supermad: :supermad: :supermad:
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Ah, that. It happens to me every now and then. Just close it and try it again. Might need to do it a few times, but it probably will work eventualy. :smile:
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

Damn dude, you have the worst luck with CarED
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

I have the worst luck with anything carmageddon related! Tried Cared again last night and it suddenly worked.. So I'm doing as much as I can,,,while I can.

Check who’s online