Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Glide wrapper high-res problems with C2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Kitteh
Troll

Glide wrapper high-res problems with C2

Post by Kitteh »

I got a new video card and motherboard, and so reinstalled windows (no reformat)

When I went to reinstall zeckensack's glidewrapper, set it up, and start C2, the game was strangely still in 640x480. I've gotten C2 working just fine with 1280x960 all the other times, so I don't see why it wouldn't work here. I triple checked all my settings, made sure no wrapper installations were conflicting, no forced 640x480 on the exe. I even reinstalled the glidewrapper twice, to no avail. Every single time I try to play C2 in Glide, it's low-res.

The new card is a 7900 GTX, which is a switch from ATi to nVidia. Would that be the problem? The motherboard is the same as my old ASUS, except it has a PCI-E slot.

Help would be appreciated!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: Glide wrapper high-res problems with C2

Post by TTR »

I dont think the ATI to NVidia is the problem, i did the same just 4 months ago..

Maybe in the compitable settings for the carma2.exe is forced to play 640x480? I think its a no but do check anyway :smile:

You might also try uninstall and re-install the glidewrapper, im guessing when you install it it "feels" the card and works to it...
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

I checked the compatiblity mode too actually, I didn't work it right in my post. I reinstalled the wrapper many times, so it's not that.

Toshiba: I haven't tried dgvoodoo because I don't think it has a high-res feature... or does it?

I'll try to clarify here: Everything works perfectly in Glide except the "try high res" isn't working.

EDIT: I tried dgVoodoo, it gives me an error when I start it after configuring:

Error during initialization

dgVoodoo is set to work as a VDD. You cannot run serverprocess!

I have no idea what that means.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Can someone PLEASE help me? This is driving me crazy, I'm doing everything right and it's just not working.
TheJkWhoSaysNi
mechanic

Post by TheJkWhoSaysNi »

With dgvoodoo for windows games (carma2) dont run the server. Just place the dlls and exes in the carmageddon2 directory. Use dgvoodoo setup, select windows and set whatever resolution and such you want. Then run the game choosing 3dfx glide from the menu.
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Ah, it worked perfectly, thanks a lot! :smile:

Check who’s online