Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Splat Pack w/ Carmageddon High Octane?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
macacom
turbo bastard

Splat Pack w/ Carmageddon High Octane?

Post by macacom »

hey guys, i got the Splat Pack and i'm trying to run it with Carmageddon High Octane, but for some reason it is not working it always ask me to put the original carmageddon CD.

My Carmageddon High Octane is original and it's the same thing that Carmageddon 1 is.

can someone help me?
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
Dark Angel
angelus

Re: Splat Pack w/ Carmageddon High Octane?

Post by Dark Angel »

macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

thanks for your help, but it didn't work i keep getting the same ntdvm.exe error.

shit, i'm pised off
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

I know this is rather old topic, but I hope this may help someone.

I have installed Splat Pack successfully with Carmageddon High Octane CD, but also get that 'error'. This happened because DOS installer not refreshing disc correctly under Windows when Windows it self doesn't do that either. When that error occur I have checked CD drive from Windows and I get an error - the TOC was listed still from Splat Pack CD and files was not readable, reinserting Carmageddon High Octane CD and refresh from Windows allow me to continue installation. So this is not High Octane, but Splat Pack installer / Windows cache related problem.
Vapour
pedestrian

Post by Vapour »

What's the difference between this High Octane and original Carmageddon anyway? First time hearing about it.
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

As TTR explained in this topic:

"Carmageddon - High Octane is Carmageddon 1 stripped version...or it was only sold in the US/North America.

It has eveything on the disc except some files were adjusted so that not every race was there..but some altering in the text files would show everything again like C1 itself.

However there was an addon for C1, which is called Carmageddon Splat Pack...got that one? I think Mastro had a link to download this image file :grin:"

Source: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4378

Hope it helps

Check who’s online