Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2, addon cars: a weird error...

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Citywalker
pedestrian

C2, addon cars: a weird error...

Post by Citywalker »

Heya!

I recently installed some addon cars, and now C2 bombs to desktop quite often (naturally...). Fortunately, I found a morsel of information here, about the software mode giving actual error messages (gasp!! Wow!!). _Un_fortunately, however, I haven't found a single reference in all the posts here about the error message that I am getting: "BRender error detected: Failure: BrModelUpdate: model has no faces or vertices (FLWHEEL.DAT)". What the heck does this mean and how do I remedy it? For me, this does not seem like the addon-car-splitting-bomb experienced often. Or is it?

And before telling me to uninstall all addon cars and then trying them one-by-one: exactly _how_ do I test them? Seeing as C2 bombs me the message in the middle of a race, then I have no idea, what I should test. I have tried driving + crashing all addon vehicles.

So, is there anyone out here who can shed some light on this weird and wondrous error message?

(Oh yes, I _am_ sarcastic towards C2 at the moment, I have drilled the data directory and files for days now...)

Please? Pretty please? Anyone help?

Salva

-----

"May Your roads be starry and nights clear..."

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: C2, addon cars: a weird error...

Post by TTR »

The best way to test a vehicle is to drive a mission without any other opponent, but it could also be you have too much cars installed, did you add one and remove one? or did you just add add and add?
Citywalker
pedestrian

Post by Citywalker »

Heh, as far as I know there is no such thing as too many cars in C2. The only thing affected by the number of cars is the car re-selecting problem.

And yes, I have tried decreasing the number of cars, and it does not help.

You mean, testing as in driving around for an unspecified time and trying things? That's way too undetermined, as I don't know what causes the error...

So, any other opinions?

Salva

-----

"May Your roads be starry and nights clear..."

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

It sure does affect the amount of cars you have, i had little over 120 and my game crashed in the middle of races, and it run crappy sometimes

Check who’s online