Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Ultimate C2 Network Thread (OR I HOPE SO)

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Alastor
pedestrian

Ultimate C2 Network Thread (OR I HOPE SO)

Post by Alastor »

Well, two days since i installed C1 and played sp full for first time since for about 6 years, only for playing on lan coz i dont care about single player, nowadays is a little boring. Today i bought C2, (i played a riped one) but now is the real deal :smile:

Okay, whats up with SCI, those guys dont give a big pile of shit about NETWORKING, there are no patches, manuals, or something related to network game all over the net, except for the RSC Faq wich tells nothing.

I read lots of threads of the same thing here and on another Carmageddon boards and nobody asked in the end.

My prob, the same as alyways: I host a server, the other pc cant see anything in the join list. Yes i installed IPX and stuff, nothing happens.

My network is properly installed, all the games plays right at lan, even C1!

I have the no cd patch btw coz it says: Sorry, not supported on windows NT (nice, i have XP pro) without it.

Okay, i really hope that this thread ends with a clear answer to that legendary problem :smile:
NitroX
nymphetamine

Re: Ultimate C2 Network Thread (OR I HOPE SO)

Post by NitroX »

I'm not saying you won't get help here. But, you'd have alot better luck on some kind of database trouble shooting questions forum.
Was Der So Alles Kann
Alastor
pedestrian

Post by Alastor »

that actually exists? :smile:
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

yeah .. try pc world for starters.. no doubt there are bigger.
Was Der So Alles Kann
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

I have exactly the same problem! Does anybody know to fix it by now???
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

I could have sworn I had this working properly once. Gods know how that worked, mind.. was a long time ago. But I have heard of others playing network C2 so yes, do keep trying.

Check who’s online