Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Texturing...

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Junkpile
mindless

Texturing...

Post by Junkpile »

A good friend of mine suggested that I get Paint Shop Pro 7 so I could skin my own vehicle's instead of swiping textures from others' vehicle's. Well, after a lot of scrimping & saving, I got it two week's ago. I can't seem to figure out how to get this sucker to do much of anything. My biggest problem with it right now is; I can not figure out how to do transparency (Glass) or, area's like the air space's between bar's. Would someone please help?

Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
minorfelon
Roach

Re: Texturing...

Post by minorfelon »

well im not sure if its the same for pshop pro as photoshop, but with photoshop you add an alpha channel, whatever you want visible you do in white, black for transparency.(i may have got that backwards, just try it)..you can also change your grade of transparency by useing shades of gray...hope this helps

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: Roach ]
gPstr
driver

Post by gPstr »

I don't know how it works in c2 specifically, but I know that in ReVolt 0,0,0 is defined as transparent, and wherever that color (pure black) is used it shows up as transparent in the game. If c2 uses the same sort of thing it should be defined somewhere in one of the numerous .txt files. Sorry, I don't know anything more that could be useful, but at least that might give you somewhere to start. I'd probably try either 0,0,0 or 255,255,255.

I've got PSP6 and I love it. It does everything I need and it cost way less than Photoshop. I've been thinking of upgrading to 7, but I haven't really felt the need yet.

(edit) Roach might be right about the alpha channel. The thing that's significant about .tif's is that they're one of the few formats that will accept an alpha channel, so that must have been a priority to the developers. I don't know much about them, except that you have to have one on your tif's for c2 or else the colors go all screwy.

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: gPstr ]
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

I have put up a tutorial on [url=http://www.thesprayshop.net"> The Spray Shop[/url] covering how to do alpha layers in Photoshop. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it in psp, however.. hope this helps somehow.
random_monkey
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

random_monkey:

I have put up a tutorial on [url=http://www.thesprayshop.net"> The Spray Shop[/url] covering how to do alpha layers in Photoshop. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it in psp, however.. hope this helps somehow.
OK, I'm glad you're trying to help me out R_M. Just one question... Why do I keep getting this Apache Software splash screen when I try to go to TSS? Every other page I try to go to just doesn't seem to exist any more AND none of the pic's that were linked to by DB & myself are showing up in here any more. What's going on???

Dean
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

You should have got an email from lumberjack explaining the situation. Should be working again in the next couple of days. I posted that post before I knew it went down so my tut isnt up yet... as soon as I can get it up I will but it will probably be about monday :/ Until then we shall have to keep people salivating with just words
random_monkey
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

random_monkey:

You should have got an email from lumberjack explaining the situation. Should be working again in the next couple of days. I posted that post before I knew it went down so my tut isnt up yet... as soon as I can get it up I will but it will probably be about monday :/ Until then we shall have to keep people salivating with just words
I recieved that E-Mail just this morning. I'll be waiting for the site to be back up & running. I've got something like 4 vehicle's that are absolutely ready for release!

Dean
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, I finally got to hang up some pretty (damn big-sorry) pics of some of my stuff for the first time- now I have to explain how it looks an' it's wearin' out my fingrs doin' that.

Jp, ya shoulda checked W&G's board awhile back-Ya coulda had that prog for nuthin'. (I been usin' it for a couple months now thanks to another good buddy o' mine

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
gPstr
driver

Post by gPstr »

Mmmpph....

Kudos Jp for buying it. Jasc is a fine company and they make a great product. We should at least do them the courtesy of paying for it.

Just my opinion..... I mean no real offense to DB. It's just an issue I feel strongly about.

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: gPstr ]
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

It's all working now ... the spray shop is back up and i have put the titorial on
random_monkey
Raptor-X
CheeseDonkey

Post by Raptor-X »

Yay it is back.Now time to steal everything.LOLj/k
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

I'm using PSP for a long time now, but I couldn't get it to create alpha channels.

So I installed an old version of Photoshop only to do this.

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.

Check who’s online