Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

c1 2 c1

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
MrHighlander
pedestrian

c1 2 c1

Post by MrHighlander »

I downloaded the c12c2 maps and unzipped them into my carma2 directory and then ran Mapstockalypse. It listed the other tracks that I have added but the c12c2 maps aren't even listed.

Am I missing a step?
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Re: c1 2 c1

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

never seen mapstockalypse...but if it's anything like carstockalypse...then you're missing the c2c files...or with mapstockalypse probally the m2c files...

The files that are needed for the prog to reconize the info needed to install new stuff...

C1>C2 maps where released before the prog was build...so thats why
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Ya don't really need mapstockalypse to do this.. Just UnTWT yer data.twt file if ya haven't already done so (there's a prog called TWTsuite out there to do this with).

Also the new race should be put in yer \data\races directory in a folder with the name of the race it contains.. (some races have a .c2t file-put that in yer main \C2 directory.(in case ya ever wanna use mapstockalypse..)

Once ya got that done, open yer Races.txt in notepad or something and you'll see the races and missions listed by groups and race order.

Pick a race that you can live without-say "Nice Beaver" for instance- Backspace over the "Nice Beaver" race name and type the EXACT name of the race ya wanna replace "Nice Beaver" with where that name was.

Then right under that you'll see Something like "Quarry1.txt", Backspace over that and type the EXACT name of the new race's .txt file where that was-e.g. "Maim Street" where "Nice Beaver" was and "MaimStreet.txt" where "Quarry1.txt" was and Presto! New map!

It's really that easy!

Just remember-ya can't add new races-only replace existing ones...Oh, yeah, and don't try to replace the missions...C2 doesn't much like that at all..

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
gPstr
driver

Post by gPstr »

If you do want to use Mapstockalypse, the problem is that the c12c2 maps don't have .c2t files. Just open up an existing .c2t (the later addon tracks generally include one), make the changes that DB listed above, and save it as track name.c2t. Should work fine.
MrHighlander
pedestrian

Post by MrHighlander »

Thanks!!!!

I did what Deep_Blue said and it worked.

I will probably make the new files when I save everything to disc so I will have it in the future when I need it.

You all are great!!

MrH

Check who’s online