Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Can't play under Win2K

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
minorfelon
Roach

Re: Can't play under Win2K

Post by minorfelon »

i know how to fix it, but i cant post it here since it involves warez,send me an email and ill tell you what i did to get mine to work, im not running a tnt card, but the GF2 should be the same.
WacMan
pedestrian

Can't play under Win2K

Post by WacMan »

Hi people,

I just installed C2 on my Win2K machine to sadly find out it wouldn't work! I tried everything I could think of, from official patches to no-cd crack to 3DFX Glide Wrappers... nothing! When I install the official patch I get the simple "Not supported in WinNT" message. So, when the official patch isn't on, I can play in software mode, but when I run the hardware mode I get "Carma2_HW.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program."

If anyone had those problems in Win2K with a TNT2 video card and made it work, PLEASE tell me how you did it!

My system:

P3-650

320 RAM

Guillemot Maxi Gamer Cougar (that's a TNT2)

SB Live!

Windows 2000 Pro w/ SP2
Damage_Case
pedestrian

Re: Can't play under Win2K

Post by Damage_Case »

Dude, I am having the exact same problems with Carma2 trying to run on both Win2k and WinXP. I too have tried lots of things and I actually got it working for about 4 or so loads after using the NoCD patch. Now though just getting Carma2_HW error.

My spec is similar to that of yours too.

P3 533, 384MB ram, 32MB TNT2 Ultra (using Detonator XP 21.83), SB Live Value.

Anyone have any clues or solution

Roach I sent you an email regarding this, Could you please reply to it with your solution.

Cheers

Check who’s online