Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carma 2 not allowing Add-on cars?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
SoarerBoy
pedestrian

Carma 2 not allowing Add-on cars?

Post by SoarerBoy »

I have been playing Carma2 for quite some time, and I know all the stuff about it. I started downloading cars and putting them on my game about a year and a half ago, with no problem. But after I got over 200 opponents, I decided I'd dim it down to about 80, which I did. I did that successfully, but for some unknown reason it said my opponent count mismatched my actual opponents. But I

counted it correctly numerous times, starting at 0, and 1, to no avail. After that I decided to just re-install it, and start over. So I deleted my old game, and re-installed it. But the only difference was

that I lost my old CD. So I found my dad's copy of it (actually both were burnt copies), and installed it with that. It worked, and the game ran fine. Except for one problem. It is missing many of the txt files in the data folder. Opponents.txt, tracks.txt, you name it, its gone. Infact, it's all the files from Data.TWT. I tried making them all, with a little help from the DATA.TWT file, and copy & paste. I made

every txt file it had, but still I got nothing. And now, again, with a new game, I'm trying and nothing is working. Its still all gone. I even tried editing the Data.TWT file itself, but it keeps telling me there is a mysterious level in it.

So how can I solve this problem? I just went out to the store and bought a brand new copy, but it also does the same thing. And my Mom got mad because it cost a whopping $42. (For a 4 year old game...?)

BTW, I'm using an iMac.
minorfelon
Roach

Re: Carma 2 not allowing Add-on cars?

Post by minorfelon »

just download a .twt unpacker off one of the carmageddon sites.
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

ermz...if you just run Carstockalypse and then close it again it untwats the data.twt also....thats what i allways do
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
SoarerBoy
pedestrian

Post by SoarerBoy »

I've tried Carstockalypse. It's an EXE file, which in turn doesn't work on my Mac.

Wheres this .TWT unpacker you speak of?
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

ahw...right...a mac..lol..

my condolences :P
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
SoarerBoy
pedestrian

Post by SoarerBoy »

Well it worked before. So it is possible.

We must find a way!
minorfelon
Roach

Post by minorfelon »

Most of the carmageddon sites have a twt unpacker under the miscellaneouse files section.Im pretty sure theres 2 different ones,TWT Suite is the one that i use.Dont know if it will work on a mac though.
SoarerBoy
pedestrian

Post by SoarerBoy »

I just got an idea. If I transfered my files onto Virtual PC, then did the unpacking, and then transfered it back onto my mac, would it work?

Only one way to find out!
SoarerBoy
pedestrian

Post by SoarerBoy »

Didn't work.

Can't someone just send me the neccesary files then? I'm really getting sick of this.

Check who’s online