Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Help!

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Rekker
driver

Help!

Post by Rekker »

Roach, you found the problem I had! In the .c2c file I put Lamborghini_Countach.TXT instead of Countach.TXT because I forgot to rename it when I renamed the car. But when the names were correct the car didn't work because I had more than 15 characters in the .tif names. Now that everything is fine, there is another prob. STILL!!! I get a "Can't find animation frame pixelmap referenced in funkotronic file" error and I'm sure it has something to do with the scr.tif and I don't know how to program the car's windows. So if anyone knows about the error or how to fix windows please reply and if anyone is still interested I can send them my car zipped.

Thanks again Roach!

Also, I haven't edited the .wam file. so there can't be a problem there.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: Help!

Post by Deep_Blue »

That error means that there is a problem with the taillight/brakelight textures. FUNKs are textures that change to other textures when you press a key... I used to get that error alla time when I would accidentally rename the brake light textures or make new ones and forget to name them the same as the old ones. If your .txt file is looking for, say "LTAILITE" for the normal "off" texture and the .tif (or .pix) is named something else, that error will come up. If your "LTAILON"-"On" texture is named something else for the brake light texture-same thing..

Make sure the names in the "FUNKs" section in the car's .txt file match the names of the actual textures in the tiffrgb folder (Yes, they are case-sensitive) and this problem will go away.

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
minorfelon
Roach

Post by minorfelon »

No problem man, glad i could help
Rekker
driver

Post by Rekker »

I haven't changed the .txt file. I deleted everything except for the tiff and .obj files and compiled the car again. How do I make simple windows for my car just to test it? I made a bunch of tiff files for from the scr.tif file and put them on each window, each with a different name, ie frwinmat, lwinmat. Can someone help me out?
Rekker
driver

Post by Rekker »

This time I deleted all the windows and screen textures but aagain I got a "Can't find animation frame pixelmap referenced in funkotronic file" error.Does that mean there is a problem in the .txt file even if I haven't edited it?

Is anyone interested in checking out my car?
minorfelon
Roach

Post by minorfelon »

sure ill check it out, just zip it and send it to Bimmer420@aol.com
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

The Funkotronic file refers to the FUNKS section of the .txt file.. It's telling you that the texture or textures defined for the brakelights either in the off or on condition can't be found where they're supposed to be, either they're renamed, deleted, or changed somehow (The actual .tifs or the .pix files made from the .tifs).

START OF FUNK

57CHtailL // texture used when light is off

constant

piss off

no fucking lighting bastards

frames

accurate

texturebits

B

57CHtailon,1,0,2,1 //texture used when light is on

57CHtailon,1,0,2,0 //texture used when light is on

NEXT FUNK

57CHtailR //etc.

If the actual .tif or .pix (which is what the game looks for) doesn't exist or has been named something else, you'll get that error about the funkotronic file, unless you've defined other textures to change besides the brake lights, then it could be one of them, but the reasons are the same.

And unless you've defined your window textures to change to something else, then ya don't nneed to be deleting alla yer windows..

Ya don't have to have edited yer .txt file to cause the problem, Methinks it's on the other end, the .tif/.pix files the .txt is looking for.

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Rekker
driver

Post by Rekker »

To Roach: Thanks. Here you go.

To Deep_Blue: I f I have a texture named i.e. BackLightOff, does the word "off" have any effect on any programs, or do people use it just to separate it from i.e. the BackLightOn texture? Because I have named 2 or more textures like that, but I haven't touched any files except for: .OBJ, .c2c and the .tif files.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Naw... You could name the .tif "Funkychicken" as long as the .txt file says that that's the one it needs in the Funk.. Now, if ya deleted "Funkychicken" or renamed it to "FuckinFunkychicken", then the .txt file won't be able to find the "Funkychicken" texture it's still looking for.

I say again, Funkotronic problems are changeable texture problems, usually tail/brake light textures.

You either assigned a different taillight texture or renamed a taillight texture in CarEd when ya redid it (Not so if all's ya did was recompile it w/o changing the .obj in any way. OR- Ya renamed or deleted a taillight texture in yer tiffrgb directory.

Every time I redo taillights (say, they look like shit and I want new ones..), I make the new ones, assign them to the model components in CarEd, save the .obj, delete everything in the carEd folder but the .obj, recompile the car and copy the new taillight textures to the \C2\data\cars\carname\tiffrgb folder Making sure I save over the existing taillight textures so the name stays exactly the same. and then copy alla the other files (.act, .dat,.mat, <carname>shell, etc. plus the new .obj (I leave the .txt and .wam the same assuming the car worked correctly the first time.

The important point is to keep the taillight texture name the same. If it's not, you'll get that error msg.

If I happen to rename the textures, I edit the FUNKS in the car's .txt file to refer to the new ones instead of the old ones so that when the text file looks for "FuckinFunkychicken.pix", it'll actually be in the Pix folder.

Good idea when renaming textures and recompiling is to delete the Pix8 and Pix16 folders in yer C2\data\cars, etc. dir 'cause if ya don't yer stuck with the old tifs and they may not match what ya redid. Let C2 make new ones that match.
minorfelon
Roach

Post by minorfelon »

I unmodified your countach and got it work in game, The error in funktronic file was caused by it useing your suspention texture as a brake light, im currently working out the problem with the wam, its pretty difficult with all the different textures and such that i am not familiar with without loading the car in cared, but i am also completeing my 64 impala at the same time.But the countach will work right now, just no special codeing,exept opening doors.
Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

You could have removed all the funk shit so you only have left:

START OF FUNK

END OF FUNK

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
Rekker
driver

Post by Rekker »

Thanks a lot Deep_Blue. I've learnt a lot of useful stuff which will help me finish my car.

Roach, are you kidding? You got it to work? Can you send it to me when you 're done? I don't believe this!!! After sooooooo long, it finally works!

Thanks a lot guys, for all your help and concern for a rookie. CWA needs more people like you.
minorfelon
Roach

Post by minorfelon »

Thats what i did was remove the funk entirely.......Do you want me to just send you the car in working format without any other codeing besides opening doors ,hood ,etc... or code the smashables?
Rekker
driver

Post by Rekker »

Code the smashables. I don't know about that. I 've figured out how to make moving doors, detaching parts etc., I hope... I just don't know how to make funks and smashable windows. Don't bother doing anything except for smashable windows, if you can. I just want it to WORK in the game.

Question: In the wam file, when you define a detachable part, you have to enter the shape. I just put "box" because everyone does, but are there any other shapes you can put? Because in the game, some downloaded cars hit the wall without even touching it and I'm wondering if this is the cause.
minorfelon
Roach

Post by minorfelon »

I only use box for detachables, as for hitting the wall without touching it, thats in the bounding box which is located at the bottom of the cars .txt file, i just started messing with it, but i think its layed out,for example, .05366 ,.22245,.424534 would be .05366 for the X coordinate,.22245 for Y,and .424534 for the Z coodinate, you find these numbers in the bottom left screen in cared, just drag the mouse over the car where you want it to make contact with objects,and put the numbers in the cars .txt file, its probably confuseing, ok,in the text file at the bottom it will say after the 3 numbers, LTF or RBF etc, i think this defines Left Top Front, Right Bottom front,etc..just define them with the numbers from cared.
Rekker
driver

Post by Rekker »

OK, I get it. Can you send me the car if it works in the game when you 've finished?
minorfelon
Roach

Post by minorfelon »

yeah , will do, im haveing trouble with the smashables so it may take a little while.
Rekker
driver

Post by Rekker »

OK, take your time.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Good job, Roach! I have a customized hot rod VW I'm morking on & it suddenly won't work in the game... I keep getting an error saying that the game can't find certain material's... I checked everything out that I could think of, to no avail...

Hey, thanks for the tip on bounding boxes. And, could someone please explain to me how to get the driver's position for the "in cockpit" view set right? And, how do you get opening doors & such?

Thanks in advance to those who help...
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
minorfelon
Roach

Post by minorfelon »

Hey i finished the cars smashables, all the windows smash now, im going to send it to you right now.
Rekker
driver

Post by Rekker »

Thanks a lot. Without you my car would never have worked.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

'K, JP, to get the correct :in cockpit" position, open yer car in CarEd and put yer pointer in the place where ya figger the driver's eyes'd be in the LEFT window and write down the Y and Z coords in the bottom left edge of the window. Then go to the FRONT window and put yer pointer in 'bout the middle of where the driver's face is and write down the X coord.

the entry in the .txt file goes X-first coord, Y-second coord, Z-third coord, and yer all done and not looking thru the grille anymore

Rekker- find the texture ya used for the taillight and the one for yer brake light and change the .txt entries in the FUNKS section to match.

The first texture name is the one used when the light is off, the second entries, with the 2,0,2,0 or whatever after them are the ones used when the light is on.

TAILL- (the "off" texture)

constant

piss off

no fucking lighting bastards

frames

accurate

texturebits

VB

TAILONL,2,0,2,0 >>>>>>>>

TAILONL,2,1,2,0 >>>>>>>> (The "on" texture))

TAILONL,2,0,2,1 >>>>>>>>

TAILONL,2,1,2,1 >>>>>>>>

(this entry is just for a left taillight)

The right one is next..)

NEXT FUNK

Check who’s online