Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Garbled text in Carma 2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Cujoe
pedestrian

Garbled text in Carma 2

Post by Cujoe »

Hi:

Hope someone has had or knows of this problem - tried every FAQ I could find and no luck.

I am getting garbled text in the menus and on the screen when I play Carmageddon 2. The text is mostly unreadable, so configuring and setting stuff is pretty much impossible. Also getting the garbled text (e.g. race timer) when I attempt to play the game.

I'm also hearing a little static when I play the game, but haven't been able to play the game very long 'cause I can't set it up properly. Note: by garbled text I mean I'm getting incomplete/fragmented letters and numbers.

Running Windows 95 on a Gateway PC with a Pentium 1, 200Mhz. I've got 128M of RAM.

I'm using an Ensoniq AudioPCI sound card with updated drivers.

Video card: an STB Virge/VX 3D with 4MB and updated drivers.

I'm trying to use the Thrustmater Formula 2 steering wheel

I'm running Directx 7.0

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated - I need to start ramming people and stuff.

Joe

cujoe@mediaone.net
Camarogeddon
driver

Re: Garbled text in Carma 2

Post by Camarogeddon »

my best guess is that the graphics card has some problems with displaying the overlayed fonts..

might also be a problem with the game's files themselves.. tried reinstalling the game?

------------------

-Camarogeddon

Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

FAQ Says:

What 3D support is there?

PC Carmageddon 2 supports Glide and Direct 3D, so most 3D accelerators are supported.

ViRGE cards won't work, and PCX2 cards have compatibility issues.

I guess your having a virge card is causing the problem.

TB
Cujoe
pedestrian

Post by Cujoe »

Yes sir. I was actually forced into re-installing when I downloaded and applied what I thought was the U.S. patch and kept getting the "cannot access CD" error. No luck with the re-install.

I've tried everything I could think of - I applied updated drivers for both my sound and video card. I saw something in an FAQ somewhere (can't find it now that I'm looking for it) about 3D problems with the ViRGE card. I dunno if that's the problem or not.

Does thou have amymore suggestions? Can you tell me how to set up card to run in software mode?

Check who’s online