Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Post Login Page

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
dvine
hit n run

Post Login Page

Post by dvine »

Hey Guys,

I might be the only one who would like the ability to be redirected to the forums after login. Our login sessions expire after a few days (might be a week), but once our session has expired, we are obviously required to log back in.

What would be nice is to be redirected directly to www.carmageddon.com/forum instead of www.carmageddon.com/users/our_username

To me the reason I log in is the forum, so to me - it makes sense to be directed to the forums instead of our personal profile first and then having to navigate back to the forum. :)

Just a site usability thought and something that I was wanting to suggest for a while.

Ta,

dvine
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post Login Page

Post by Espyo »

http://carmageddon.com/forum/new is my "Carmageddon homepage", and when I lose my login, it takes me back to it. Actually... it takes me to http://carmageddon.com/forum//new or at least it used to. Still, I agree that returning to the previous page, regardless of the page you were on would be a good addition.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
dvine
hit n run

Post Login Page

Post by dvine »

Espyo wrote:http://carmageddon.com/forum/new is my "Carmageddon homepage", and when I lose my login, it takes me back to it. Actually... it takes me to http://carmageddon.com/forum//new or at least it used to. Still, I agree that returning to the previous page, regardless of the page you were on would be a good addition.
Yup or even returning back to the previous page would not be hard at all! Essentially all they would need to do is append a return query string to the login page :)

Either a return to query string or redirect to the forum would be awesome!

Espyo: How do you get it to take you to forum/new after login? I thought all the redirects were done server side, I could not find an option anywhere in my profile.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post Login Page

Post by Espyo »

...You know what, I'm not really sure. I'm a bit confused, to be honest.

What I do is:

• Wake up for a new day

• Bla bla bla

• Open the new posts page to start my Carma binge

• If it lost my session, it asks me for my credentials again

• I enter them

• It redirects me to the forum//new page

So it DOES take you back to the page you were, but only for this page, it seems.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
shane
Stainless

Post Login Page

Post by shane »

As far as I'm aware in most cases it's meant to redirect you back to the page you logged in from however I'll check this is the case!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
dvine
hit n run

Post Login Page

Post by dvine »

I tried a few different browsers and they all behaved the same, after read through your post I figured it might have just been Chrome doing this, but that does not appear to be the case. If you hit "Logout" and hit "Sign In" regardless of what page you are presently on (for me at least), it takes me back to my profile after sign in.

Thanks Shane, would be good to see what it does for you too! Definitely no return query string attached to login.

Check who’s online