Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The mysteries of Carma forum NICKs!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Mundano fan 01
driver

Post by Mundano fan 01 »

oh god lol,

Mundano is a car in GTA 1. and i have no clue but that was always my favorite car in GTA 1 and just found it a cool name back in the day! since day 1 actually, and then "fan" sigh.. I was young. and 01? 2001 .. it was a good year for me, i remember playing GTA 3 with my uncle's best friend so often, damn nostalgia!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Mundano fan 01 wrote:oh god lol,

Mundano is a car in GTA 1. and i have no clue but that was always my favorite car in GTA 1 and just found it a cool name back in the day! since day 1 actually, and then "fan" sigh.. I was young. and 01? 2001 .. it was a good year for me, i remember playing GTA 3 with my uncle's best friend so often, damn nostalgia!

Interesting, I had no idea this was a name of GTA1 car =D

ender wrote:Mine simply came from Ender's Game, which I read at the time.
LOL obvious =D I suspected exactly that ´=D
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

Chaos, panic, disorder,...

story i guess is the chaos, panic, disorder you cause in carmageddon (then end it with the pointy part of your car and your work here is done). Panic is the most interesting of the 3, very basic, simple and clear.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

panic wrote:Chaos, panic, disorder,...

story i guess is the chaos, panic, disorder you cause in carmageddon (then end it with the pointy part of your car and your work here is done). Panic is the most interesting of the 3, very basic, simple and clear.

AHA! And not only that, but it i s also psychological and the mental realm is the most powerful we humans share =D Chaos and disorder are more like suituations or descriptions =D easy to remember.

Fun fact -> Panic in Czech means male virgin (panna > female virgin) =D
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Why did I not notice this thread before? :D

I think mine is one of the most stupid origins a nickname has ever had.

I wanted to have an original and uncommon nickname that people would not think of, and a combination of two words was the best way to achieve it. I would also use that nickname for my tracks made in Fruity Loops (which were extremely sucky, but oh well).

Someone remembers the banned Playstation game Thrill Kill? You know, that game with 4 guys beating each others up in a small room, you fill an energy bar by beating other guys up and when it's filled you perform a fatality on the opponent you choose, there were a lot of wacky and over-the-top characters like this surgeon with a sawed blade for lower jaw. One of his fatalities was latching on someone and lash them violently with a scalpel. One friend had a pirated copy of the game, and when I saw that fatality I was like "LOL, that's like Psycho Surgery!!!"

There, that where my nickname comes from. I took it some years after I had played Thrill Kill, but I kinda liked how it sounded.

It's safe to say, a shitload of people don't know how to pronounce it lol.
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Psyrgery wrote:Why did I not notice this thread before? :D

I think mine is one of the most stupid origins a nickname has ever had.

I wanted to have an original and uncommon nickname that people would not think of, and a combination of two words was the best way to achieve it. I would also use that nickname for my tracks made in Fruity Loops (which were extremely sucky, but oh well).

Someone remembers the banned Playstation game Thrill Kill? You know, that game with 4 guys beating each others up in a small room, you fill an energy bar by beating other guys up and when it's filled you perform a fatality on the opponent you choose, there were a lot of wacky and over-the-top characters like this surgeon with a sawed blade for lower jaw. One of his fatalities was latching on someone and lash them violently with a scalpel. One friend had a pirated copy of the game, and when I saw that fatality I was like "LOL, that's like Psycho Surgery!!!"

There, that where my nickname comes from. I took it some years after I had played Thrill Kill, but I kinda liked how it sounded.

It's safe to say, a shitload of people don't know how to pronounce it lol.

HAH! I knew it was Psycho Surgery, I always liked this nick =D Altho expected the origins of it to be bit deeper =D Like you liking psychologically disecting people, and scince you cant mentally interact with dead person u have to do it while subject is alive, and so it is not disection, but surgery. And since in the realm of internet all the interaction is via text basically, All of it is also psychological.

Yea this thread is... mysterious =D

Ty for sharing!
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

Well. Ere's mine then. Once upon a time in the beautifully dull land of UK, one of my friends got himself a vauxhall astra, a really heavily modified one that was pretty nippy, always fancying himself as a boy racer he floored the damn thing down a school road as i was sat in the back seat listening to the loud music, was having a good time till *CLANK* the wheel came off the car, he said he put the wheels on the day before and they were tight, well, he was wrong, we came to a grinding halt that took a fair while as the wheel flew off down the road, when the car stopped i was shaken up and worried. He turned round and said "guess it wasn't too tight, was it?" laughing at the fact everyone was ok he said "could have been worse, we coulda caused a real nasty pileup" and alas, that was an event that stuck with me.
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

CzechDeath wrote:Fun fact -> Panic in Czech means male virgin
if i was 32 and still panic i'd panic
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

panic wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:Fun fact -> Panic in Czech means male virgin

if i was 32 and still panic i'd panic

=D
Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Mine is from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. My friend started calling me Dr. Gonzo, the name of the attorney that accompanies Raoul Duke
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Dr. Gonzo wrote:Mine is from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. My friend started calling me Dr. Gonzo, the name of the attorney that accompanies Raoul Duke
What a great movie =D I thought that dr.Gonzo sounded somewhat familiar éD Well that's another mystery solved!

Thanks dr.Gonzo!

*EDiT*

Also I can totally imagine that havaian shirt weirdo driving the Caddy Fat Cat so your avatar makes sense even more now =D
LittlePuppet
mechanic

Post by LittlePuppet »

Mine came from the time I needed to make up a company name and logo for a course assignment at college (currently studying Game Design and Interactive media) and I came up with LittlePuppet because I thought that puppets and voodoo dolls looked cute and the made up company name was called LittlePuppet Productions and I have used it not only for that, but it has been my nickname ever since and causing as much chaos as possible in Carmageddon MP.

I prefer small puppets hence the Little in my name and I also have one of those furrybones plushes which serves as my mascot (sadly it is not that singing pink toy thing seen on the Nob/Shane livestreams).
Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

CzechDeath wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:Mine is from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. My friend started calling me Dr. Gonzo, the name of the attorney that accompanies Raoul Duke

What a great movie =D I thought that dr.Gonzo sounded somewhat familiar éD Well that's another mystery solved!

Thanks dr.Gonzo!

*EDiT*

Also I can totally imagine that havaian shirt weirdo driving the Caddy Fat Cat so your avatar makes sense even more now =D

I picked it for that sole reason, and also the fact that I prefer old and big cars, like Caddy Fat Cat and Leadpumper.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

LittlePuppet wrote:Mine came from the time I needed to make up a company name and logo for a course assignment at college (currently studying Game Design and Interactive media) and I came up with LittlePuppet because I thought that puppets and voodoo dolls looked cute and the made up company name was called LittlePuppet Productions and I have used it not only for that, but it has been my nickname ever since and causing as much chaos as possible in Carmageddon MP.

I prefer small puppets hence the Little in my name and I also have one of those furrybones plushes which serves as my mascot (sadly it is not that singing pink toy thing seen on the Nob/Shane livestreams).

Oh interesting! =D Also as future game designer, the characters and even the players in a sense will become a puppets for you! So then you could even evelove in to LittlePuppetMASTER!

Also mentioning the singing kitten

When we visited Stainless HQ we got private song, live performance by the kitty it self - and Nobs =D

Check who’s online