Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

80s Time Warps AA Fan Art

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

HEX1GON wrote:Your work is amazing as always. Even your WIP ones are sweet already!
Thanks Hex, the Monty Carnage is nearly finished, complete with Big block power and Useless brakes (I've just got a few small details to re-model). I'm going to hold it back until I've got to grips with the new elements that are in the BETA. Trent has briefed me on the main changes/additions.

Also, updates for the Leadpumper and Moth Truck will hopefully also follow soon enough after the BETA launches :)

FatCat wrote:Mike, i'm super impressed by how high-quality your leadpumper is. :O
Thanks FatCat :) I'm glad you like it

EDIT: Small heads-up everyone. Once the Beta build is released tomorrow, I will be getting straight into updating the '72 Moth Truck and Leadpumper, I have already updated the engine animations on the former of the two vehicles. Hopefully the updates won't take too long to organise (I already have the 'to-do' lists for the revised car setup done) and I can get updated versions out on sunday. I have taken down the download links from my Used Car Lot for now.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
Gravedrinker
hit n run

Post by Gravedrinker »

Let me just say, I'm a big fan of your work Mike. Really awesome stuff you're putting out, and man, that gallery with the tons of cars (heh, I guess even 2 cars would be "tons of cars" if we were talking about weight here. But we aren't!) reeks of dedication.

Keep it up, always cool to see when you release new stuff.
Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks Gravedrinker :)

EDIT: I've been keeping this all quiet for long enough, it's about time I let you all in on whats going on. A big round of updates making use of custom skins & wheels, among many other minor improvements are in progress, and will be coming soon.

Moth Truck V3

- Added custom skins & wheels

- Re-configured leaf spring suspension setup

- minor performance and structural tweaks

Leadpumper V3

- Headlight covers are animated again

- Added several custom skins

- Re-configured the leaf spring suspension

Monty Carnage V2

- Custom skins & wheels

- Welded up split vertices in rear bumper

- Re-configured leaf spring suspension

Big Dump R V2

- Added Damage texture & working model imperfections
"Don't Ask me how the blood got on the top of the tipper!"

"No Harry. I have the BLUE Truck"
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

Duuuuuude... you got them working in Beta? Holy shit!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Holy shit that subpressor got owned =D
Gravedrinker
hit n run

Post by Gravedrinker »

Great job Mike, can't wait to tear up some orifices with the updated Leadpumper. Also cool to see the Big Dump getting updated.
Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Duuuuuude... you got them working in Beta? Holy shit!
Thanks :) I have had playable beta versions available for download since the 15th Feb ;) Link to topic

Holy shit that subpressor got owned =D
It was my pleasure :) "Hey Chief Biggun. Suppress This!"

Great job Mike, can't wait to tear up some orifices with the updated Leadpumper. Also cool to see the Big Dump getting updated.
Thanks Gravedrinker :)

EDIT: Here's a little teaser of some of the additional stuff I've been working on in addition to the updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTr8PFmDK94&feature=youtu.be

Apologies for the quality not being 'great', this is my first video in years, hehe
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Holy shit that trailer !!! =D Thats some mad max madness... or rather '80s Time Warp madness =P

impressive !

all the more shame that car's hood in CR does not do this:

see that "A roof" shape that hood is making as it deforms? that is the one thing I miss in CR =C and your cars would deserve it ! =D

great job man
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Makes me both happy and sad :P happy that theres clearly someone who knows what the hell there doing, and sad that, again im gona be so far behind,

For a short time I was one of those C2 modders that did things, right, im so out dated I feel I could make whatever I wanted for C2? bur CR seems a complex thing for me and I cant even model in modern programs... actully my bleif that its still the 90s, refusing to own a cellphone or drive a modern car is starting to grate on my parents nerves.

But to your mods,

there awsome, thats it heh :D, from the exhausts moving slightly on the truck to the what looks like perfectly setup suspension, I allways ALLWAYS, complain about car handling, even in AAA release titles like GTA, and Forza and such, It looks like you and me are the only person who knows how these kinda cars drive, im so sick of people swooning over audis and such.. yeah thats fine but whatever, atleast Try to get american cars set up right.. and it looks like you have, suspension movement and body roll seems about right from the vids? but Ill have to drive them myself before I Come to the conclusion :P and rember I allways compare things I drive in these games to roughly the equivelent of the real life thing ive driven, wich is not every car but I fill the gaps from the experances of what I have and what ive seen handling tests etc...

Also I nevr spotted that but Czech is right hoods dont bend in CR odd, I really never spotted it. .hm

TL;DR

Your mods are cool, I really like them you have my kinda tastes,

Only one down side I see at all is maybe the Vigilantie truck looks a little.. Too tough?
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

'80s Time Warp wrote:EDIT: Here's a little teaser of some of the additional stuff I've been working on in addition to the updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTr8PFmDK94&feature=youtu.be

Apologies for the quality not being 'great', this is my first video in years, hehe

Wow! Great work! Can you please do for Reincarnation the Bluesmobile (1974 Dodge Monaco sedan) or the Rockford car (Pontiac Firebird Esprit)? :D
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Holy shit that trailer !!! =D Thats some mad max madness... or rather '80s Time Warp madness =P

impressive !

all the more shame that car's hood in CR does not do this:
crash test image

Thanks Czech :) Yep, it is a shame the sheetmetal doesn't quite deform as sheetmetal does in the real world, but it is still great fun.

Makes me both happy and sad :P happy that theres clearly someone who knows what the hell there doing, and sad that, again im gona be so far behind,

For a short time I was one of those C2 modders that did things, right, im so out dated I feel I could make whatever I wanted for C2? bur CR seems a complex thing for me and I cant even model in modern programs... actully my bleif that its still the 90s, refusing to own a cellphone or drive a modern car is starting to grate on my parents nerves.

But to your mods,

there awsome, thats it heh :D, from the exhausts moving slightly on the truck to the what looks like perfectly setup suspension, I allways ALLWAYS, complain about car handling, even in AAA release titles like GTA, and Forza and such, It looks like you and me are the only person who knows how these kinda cars drive, im so sick of people swooning over audis and such.. yeah thats fine but whatever, atleast Try to get american cars set up right.. and it looks like you have, suspension movement and body roll seems about right from the vids? but Ill have to drive them myself before I Come to the conclusion :P and rember I allways compare things I drive in these games to roughly the equivelent of the real life thing ive driven, wich is not every car but I fill the gaps from the experances of what I have and what ive seen handling tests etc...

Also I nevr spotted that but Czech is right hoods dont bend in CR odd, I really never spotted it. .hm

TL;DR

Your mods are cool, I really like them you have my kinda tastes,

Only one down side I see at all is maybe the Vigilantie truck looks a little.. Too tough?

Thanks Maxine! I try to get the car handling just right for cars of this era. I'm still not 100% satisfied on the body roll, whilst suspension pitch when braking & accelerating is where I want it to be. Modern cars have no appeal to me, which is why I generally don't bother modelling any car build post '89. I look forward to your feedback on the car handling. Closest I've come to driving any cars like these was an '80 Vette.

If you want to try the last releases, they are available here. Although the Monty Carnage & Leadpumper have had some significant tweaks since then.

As for the '72 Moth Truck, I was running it with max APO in all the videos, so instead of tough, it becomes almost unstoppable hehe.

Wow! Great work! Can you please do for Reincarnation the Bluesmobile (1974 Dodge Monaco sedan) or the Rockford car (Pontiac Firebird Esprit)? :D
Thanks for the input. However I do not take requests and I have a very long build queue of cars. I am considering (a long while down the line) an old fashioned cop-car, whether it would be based off a '74 Monaco, or one of the last of the monacos I haven't decided yet, as it will be a long way down the road.

EDIT: Request to Moderators, Please Lock this topic. I am moving all WIP Items to my Mod Topic from now on.

Check who’s online