Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Bitter_Maximilian
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by Bitter_Maximilian »

Hi,

I am working on a Mod for Carmageddon 2 with maps and cars from Carmageddon 1 and Splat Pack, in other words, a Carmageddon 1 Remake with engine updated and improved graphics.

Currently a part is done, but I'm searching help to finish it.

I've used a lot of stuff from community and have the approval of majority of original authors, although a few are offline for 10 years and is impossible to contact them.

You can watch a video presentation in HD here or in embedded version:

In the video you can see something playable and fun, but still missing:

1) Menu interface similar to C1.

2) High resolution textures for all maps.

3) Maps have not power-ups, neither APO, neither bombs.

4) Add race director with checkered flag at start of the race.

5) Original font types and colors to show checkpoints, race completed, ....

6) Finish the HUD.

7) Car photos and driver at interface with the same graphic style. It would also be necessary to make a car icon that is showed in the HUD.

8) Pedestrians should appear in appropriate maps (for example: gangsters should only go out in cities and not in beaches or mineshafts).

9) Initial video with MOD logo.

The most important points are the first three, but any help is appreciated.

I hope that there are people interested in finishing this project because the fun is guaranteed, at least while we wait for Carmageddon Reincarnartion.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by lemonrev »

hey,

Like the thought behind this, Vid was quite funny, i know this is going to take a lot of work but its a good idear maybe someone from stanless can give you a tip or two maybe ?.

carma 2 was a little aquid with the peds being able to do exactly what you showed off get up and walk away after also the peds / animals sometimes would leave a carcaus just laying there to get in your annoyingly(i know i made new word just cant think of any other way atm lol.) way.

If you can pull it off it would be a good test of the gamers out there to see if they like the orgional over the remake

but what ever happens if you can do it why not. and good luck yea.
Fireman
motorised death

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by Fireman »

Great presentation video.

You have to watch out with the different quality of vehicles, some will be direct converts and other will be remakes. The remakes is what you want.
Arnathos
hit n run

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by Arnathos »

Looking good! I really love the Nerdberksring, its one of my favorite splatpack levels.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
Bitter_Maximilian
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Fireman wrote:You have to watch out with the different quality of vehicles, some will be direct converts and other will be remakes. The remakes is what you want.
There are very few converts, most are remakes, but some are using low resolution textures, low polygon, are not detachable, without driver, do not open the doors, ... so you do not have all the functionality of a C2 car.

At this time I have included all, but any could be removed by low quality, although it may be the favorite car of any user and want to play with it no matter this.

Obviously this low quality to mod, but I do not know edit or create cars and have to use the work of others users.
Mother Trucker
turbo bastard

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by Mother Trucker »

Will it need C2?
Bitter_Maximilian
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Mother Trucker wrote:Will it need C2?
Other mods have published exe and dll, but I don't know if is necessary to approval from Stainless, does anyone know?

I have no problem publishing all and it works independently without C2.
Dave3d
hit n run

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by Dave3d »

Wow.

Nice work.

I would love to play this, if it ever gets finished.
carmaracer
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by carmaracer »

he nice work hope you have a lot of fun modding...

BUt something else teh music of the embedded vid is great, I don't understand anything of it but i think it is spanish or spanish related but i like it but who are they and what is the track and from what album?

Cheers and GReets from a frisian ....

PS if its spanish then i'm gonna learn spanish
Bitter_Maximilian
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

This mod is abandoned because I need help to finish it, but at Christmas may publish what I have done.

About music, it's a spanish song called "Política del miedo (Rap Solo Remix)" from the album "Mala sangre", they are "Soziedad Alkohólika" aka "S.A." (hardcore band) with the special collaboration of "Violadores del Verso" aka "Doble V" (rap group).

This is the only song recorded in studio with these two groups together, but you can see other songs in this live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hpoG76Hhlo&hd=1

and I have uploaded others Carmageddon vids in youtube with these artists:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BitterMaximilian?feature=watch
coffeycup
Genesis

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by coffeycup »

Ok I am not trying to start a flame war or be a total jerk but can you tell me what other than download other people's maps and cars, what you've done on the project? I tried to watch vid but keep getting 'video not available' message.

To add PowerUps/APOs you'd need the unprocessed track file.

To add guy with checkered flag you'd need a custom ped made AND you'd need to go into the map and create a section on the terrain that has a unique texture for said ped to spawn on.

Unless you have the original working files I don't see how that's possible.

EDIT:

Finally got video to work. Those custom peds and animals ARE PEDS I MADE. You made no attempt to ask permission. I am active here an on the CWA board. For the people who actually spent the hours learning and making this stuff is an insult to have you calling it 'your' mod. Again I ask what did you do? Because you didn't make anything AND you didn't even try to contact the creators. Downloading stuff that is freely available DOESN'T MAKE IT YOURS.

Try making something from scratch and stop pretending you're a modder. Sorry but this shit pisses me off.
Bitter_Maximilian
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

CoffeyCup wrote:Ok I am not trying to start a flame war or be a total jerk but can you tell me what other than download other people's maps and cars, what you've done on the project?
I have created races.txt and opponents.txt with original data from C1&SP (some cars had incorrect information and I fixed), some textures for maps in high resolution, new race loader (remade searching the original fonts truetypes and Max in hi-res), 2 maps corrected because do not started, part of menu interface with hand cut as cursor with original sounds and part of HUD changed.

Really I have spent many hours with new maps textures.

CoffeyCup wrote:Those custom peds and animals ARE PEDS I MADE. You made no attempt to ask permission. I am active here an on the CWA board.
You're wrong, I asked permission in a private message on CWA board and you answered at Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:36 pm with "Yeah, as long as I get in the credits that's fine.".

I have a credits file with all original authors, why do you say this now? what is the problem?

Have you deleted my post on CWA board where yourself answered? Thanks to Google Cache all can read it
You can also delete this post because has two videos about it.

CoffeyCup wrote:For the people who actually spent the hours learning and making this stuff is an insult to have you calling it 'your' mod.
I've never called 'my' mod nor have said that this stuff is made ​​by me, can you read me again?

Bitter_Maximilian wrote:I've used a lot of stuff from community and have the approval of majority of original authors, although a few are offline for 10 years and is impossible to contact them.
CoffeyCup wrote:Because you didn't make anything AND you didn't even try to contact the creators. Downloading stuff that is freely available DOESN'T MAKE IT YOURS.
I have contacted with all creators (except Toshiba-3 because he gave approval in ForumFree) and all have given approval including YOU and although anyone can download it freely, a pack with all this together is nice.

CoffeyCup wrote:Try making something from scratch and stop pretending you're a modder. Sorry but this shit pisses me off.
I do not understand anything and just wanted to do something fun before of Carmageddon Reincarnation.
coffeycup
Genesis

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by coffeycup »

Sorry, accept my apologies. I'm a jerk. As usual I overreact. Again sorry.
Bitter_Maximilian
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

OK, apologies accepted!
TheNameIsJambo
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by TheNameIsJambo »

Relax friend, we're all in this horrific ride together!

The mod looks great though mate, can't wait for a release date.

Carmageddon: Revisited

It's gonna be a hit!

EDIT:

The main thing I am definitely looking forward to is the increased draw-distance! :)
coffeycup
Genesis

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by coffeycup »

I already apologized to the guy. I'll rustle my fucking jimmies whenever I please.
CzechDeath
kill boss

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by CzechDeath »

Well I hope this content pack gets relesed eventually ... because it is pretty much what I was trying to make with my c2... never got further than accumulating apropriet cars... and maps.. so

Because I dont have all the time in the world... it is good that somebody else is investing time in to it =D
Kaos2K
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by Kaos2K »

Great work!!! (This is for all the authors featured in this remake, including the rustled jimmies guy :P).
FatCat
mindless

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by FatCat »

OP only posted 7 comments since joining

Mod isn't original content, limited permissions.

OP not posting in thread since 2 years ago.

Sage this thread.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by Mad_Maxine »

hm I started something simler to this a while ago.. but Im not very good at keeping on one mod..

Anyway yeah, the textures I saw were replacements rather than hires versions of the orignals, sorry picku bout that. when I reskin a map I change the textures, when I make a hires version of a map.. I remake the textures as close as possible in higher resolution... This is a reskin not hires. just sayin.

On the pluss side the guy was putting everything togeather nicley. it is very time consuimg to make all the text fiels for opponents, races, etc, and he was aparently going to add powerups and such to the maps that dident have em. the conversions. But.. I dont know what happend this mod seems to have dissapeard, guy seems to have dissapeard too.. also he dident wana use my stig because its not an orignal car. in his words. heh

Well Mabye this guy will come back. but theres not too much time left untill we get a diffrent hires carma :P
renrie
driver

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by renrie »

I was looking for this for a long time, the only thing I can find are some remade cars, not a single map or carpack, would be a shame if this wouldn't get published (finished or partialy finished) :(
nobby
Stainless

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by nobby »

I would LOVE to see you guys get this thing finished - it will be epic.

I'd say, "if there's anything I/we can help you with, let me know!"... But, we're sort of up to our eyeballs in our own little Carmageddon update project at the moment... :)
I was in the war.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by Mr.Deviance »

nobby wrote:I would LOVE to see you guys get this thing finished - it will be epic.

I'd say, "if there's anything I/we can help you with, let me know!"... But, we're sort of up to our eyeballs in our own little Carmageddon update project at the moment... :)

Sadly, as much as I wanted to see this finished, the topic op stopped posting here since 2012.

This project of his is most likely dead.

I think this project should be started from scratch for carmageddon reincarnation since carmageddon 2 is outdated now.

Of course, in a perfect world, I would love carmageddon 1 to be remade inside carmageddon 2 and inside reincarnation.
DJK
mechanic

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by DJK »

Looks good BUT couldn't it be better done in Reincarnation engine ?
Trent
mindless

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by Trent »

DJK wrote:Looks good BUT couldn't it be better done in Reincarnation engine ?
Well yeah, but this was posted 2 years ago using cars which had already been made by the modding community.
a.k.a. Brent
EndlessTorment
pedestrian

[WIP] Carmageddon Remake

Post by EndlessTorment »

Mr.Deviance wrote:

I think this project should be started from scratch for carmageddon reincarnation since carmageddon 2 is outdated now.

Nope nope nope nope,

Carmageddon 2 never will be outdated. :P

And it's indeed sad, if this project is abandoned.
English isn't my native language, so from time to time things I write may look weird.

Check who’s online