Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Restoring TDR2000's Original Vehicle Descriptions

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Restoring TDR2000's Original Vehicle Descriptions

Post by Razor »

We all (well most of us) know about the vehicle descriptions being (what is assumed) removed from the final version of TDR2000 and the only remnants left of them seen in The Fortress' Vehicle stats in the Garage but they all still exist in the game's files and can easily be restored with the following instructions.

Here's what your usual TDR2000 vehicle stats will look like (the descriptions are pushed outside of the box that the text is in)

You'll note that if you navigate to The Fortress it doesn't have the word "tons" after it's weight, this is what allows you to see part of it's description, anyway, let's get to it.

1. Navigate to your Carmageddon TDR2000 folder (Using Steam version here for example)

2. Head into the 'ASSETS' folder and then into the 'Strings' folder

3. Here you will find a list of languages, select the language of the version you're using.
Please note that the Steam release of Carmageddon TDR2000 is UK Blood, so we would select 'UK'

4. Open up 'Car_Strings_(language).txt' in any simple text editor (i.e. Notepad or gedit)
As mentioned previously, the Steam release of TDR2000 is UK Blood, so the file we're opening is 'Car_Strings_UK.txt'

5. Replace all instances of the word "tons" with a blank space.

6. Do the same but with the word "seconds".

7. Every entry in this text file should now have the words "tons" and "seconds" removed.

8. Play game and marvel at Torus' poorly thought up car descriptions.

Note: Nosebleed Pack cars do not have descriptions and neither do many addon cars (like those included in the Max Pack)

EDIT: If you also remove "mph" from the top speed counter, the longer descriptions can be fully displayed.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk

Check who’s online