Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

New Skin for Witch Doctor

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Angyl
mechanic

New Skin for Witch Doctor

Post by Angyl »

Just finished a new skin for the Witch Doctor car using a technique I haven't before. I've seen a few people now use photographs of real cars to skin their models, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm still battling to get my head around 3D modelling but I think I need a fair amount of time to sit down and work it out.

So here we go, the Blue Meanie. Skin composed of a heavily chopped about set of photographs of a nice custom 1950ish Mercury, alloy wheels from a VW Beetle and big grin from a Spitfire. Front lights are from a Volvo Amazon/121 and the rear lights are from a Volvo P1600. The roof texture is one I concocted myself and the interior of the doors matches it be pure fluke. Widened the whitewalls too so there's hardly any black on the tyres now.

I'm enjoying TDR again since with my modest skills I can actually get it to look quite smart.

Normal skin:

http://www.stoneorchid.co.uk/Carmageddo ... anie_N.bmp

Damaged skin:

http://www.stoneorchid.co.uk/Carmageddo ... anie_D.bmp

Haven't got any screenshots of it yet and the bitmaps don't seem to want to embed as jpgs would normally, , sorry about that. You'll have to follow the links for now...
Beep! Beep! SPLAT
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: New Skin for Witch Doctor

Post by TTR »

Too bad you haven't got a screenshot~~
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah, ingame screenie would be nice, looks good though.

Damaged skin needs scratches in the paint job.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Looks promising.. I usually throw this car in as an opponent when im playing, hate the original skin, will have to give it ago tonight...

the damaged skin is just sad though!

Check who’s online